Tom Riddle x reader ~ jealous of her

Reqeusted by: -kurutta

Enjoy!

-

Tom looked at you. You were his best friend. Had been for years. He couldn't help it. He was incredibly jealous of you. You were just amazing, perfect even. He couldn't stand it.

'Hi Tom.' You smiled while you walked over to him.

Even your smile was incredible. He didn't know why he thought about you like this. He was jealous? Was this jealousy? Because he couldn't be as good as you were?

'Hi.' He just said.

'Are you okay?' You asked.

Tom looked into your eyes. He got that weird feeling again he had been having for a few weeks every time he looked at you. Tom never had to be jealous of anyone. He had no idea if this was even it.. but he knew it was something. This was, to him, the most logical explanation.

'Of course, why wouldn't I be?'

'I don't know. I was just asking.'

You were always positive. How could a person be that positive? How was it physically possible?

'Are you okay?' He just asked You.

'I'm perfect. Are we still going to work on that DADA assignment later on?' You asked.

Again sitting there with you, hearing you say all this smart stuff which he also knew but had no idea that you knew too. Listening to your perfect voice.. ugh. Could he go one day without this?

'Sure.' He shrugged.

'Alright! So after class in the common room.'

'Yes.'

You wanted to say something but then you heard your name. You turned around and saw your other friend Betty.

'Are you coming? You promised to help me with potions.'

'Yeah! I'll see you later Tom.' You smiled.

-

'She driving me nuts.' Tom sighed while sitting down with his friend, Avery.

'Oh is she?' He asked.

Tom had been complaining against him. He didn't get the problem. It was funny to see Tom so clueless.

'She is! Am I jealous? You never give your opinion. I need you help.'

'Why do you think that?'

'I don't know. Every time I see her it's like: why is she so perfect?' Tom sighed. 'Like why would I ever think that?! I'm not the type of person to feel that way. I'm better than everyone in this goddamn school.'

Avery grinned and shook his head.

'Tell me more.'

'When she looks at me I feel like all weird and when she smiles I can't help but wonder why it's so perfect.. and her looks. Have you seen here?!'

'I have. I'm not blind.'

'She's stunning! I mean, how?!'

'Tom.. have you ever.. I don't know, been in love?' Avery asked.

'I don't do love. It's disgusting.' Tom sighed.

Avery laughed. He was enjoying this.

'What?' Tom sneered.

'I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you're in love with her. You're not jealous. You're in love.'

Avery got up and Tom looked at him.

'You're kidding, right?'

'No. You're stuck with it now. The next step is telling her.'

'It's not true! I'm not gonna lie to her!'

'You never have problems with lying but you don't want to lie to her?' Avery asked while raising his brows. 'Little weird. Also known as in love. Good luck with that. She'll be here soon.'

Avery just walked away and left him thinking.. It didn't take long because you walked in.

'Where's he going?' You asked.

Tom looked up. There was that feeling again. He hated this. Was he right? He was right.. wasn't he? He was very very right?

'Is everything alright Tom? Lately you've been acting a little weird.'

You sat down next to him. Tom felt his body getting hot and his cheeks heating up.

'I'm fine. Don't worry about it.' He just said.

He opened his book and looked at it.

'Tom.' You said while grabbing his hand.

Tom looked at you right away, his mouth a little open.

'You can tell me anything.'

'I know.' He said while pulling his hand back.

You didn't get why he was doing this.

'Is it something I did?' You asked. 'You've been so distant lately.'

Tom sighed and laid his head in his hands.

'Tom..'

'Just stop for a moment.' Tom said while looking back at you. 'Can you please just.. stop?' He asked.

You looked away from him. You didn't get it. You didn't say anything. You stopped. You listened. You didn't want him to be angry at you. You cared about him.

'Please don't do this.' Tom spoke.

He was frustrated. You could hear it.

'Do what? I'm stopping. I'm silent. I'm not even looking at you.'

'Stop being sad. I hate it when you're sad.'

You looked at him.

'What?' You asked.

You were confused.

'Listen Y/N. Avery just cleared something up for me and I think he's right and I've been begging him to be wrong but oh god he's right.'

'Tom.. What's going on?'

'I thought I was jealous of you.. but I'm not. I'm not jealous. I could never be jealous. I'm not a person who's jealous. The problem is that I really like you. I really really like you as in I'm in love with you and I didn't think it was possible for me to feel something like this.'

You were shocked. You looked at him and your cheeks shot red.

'I'm sorry but I-'

'Never be sorry for what you feel Tom. Never be. I.. I like you too. I didn't want to show it because I didn't want to push you away.'

Tom smiled.

'Really?' He asked.

'Yes.' You smiled.