Harry x reader ~ why do I even like you?

Requested by: @zoie1929

Your name is Y/N Malfoy (Draco's sister)

Enjoy!
-

There you were again.. like every day. Staring at him again. He was disgusted by you because you were a Slytherin and Draco's sister. But where your brother wanted to pull his head off, you just wish that he wouldn't judge you like this.

Harry Potter.. He constantly wanted to fight with you. He judged you since the moment he heard you were Draco's sister. But you weren't like your family. You didn't want to be evil, you didn't want to follow their rules.. but of course Harry wouldn't listen.

'What are you looking at?' Harry sneered when he saw you.

You looked away from him. You didn't want to fight with him today.. but he surely didn't want to leave it on that.

'I was asked you something, Malfoy.' Harry hissed.

You turned to him. You heart started racing as soon as you looked into his eyes. Your cheeks shot red and you immediately started tugging at your clothes.

'I was looking at nothing.' You just said, hoping it would be over.

Harry laughed.

'Sure. A Malfoy, looking into my direction is looking at nothing. Great that you believe yourself. I should have known you weren't going to give me an honest answer. That's all what Slytherins do right? Lie.'

You swallowed. Anger slowly coming up. You were so done with his constant remarks. He was treating you like a stereo type. You weren't like that.

'I wasn't lying.' You said, trying to stay calm. 'I don't have time for this Potter. Just leave me alone.' You sighed.

You wanted to walked away. You felt Harry grab tour wrist. Your heart skipped a beat by his touch. You turned around and looked at him.

'Do you really think I believe you?! Next time you see me you're just going to say that I was a pussy for not fighting with you! That's how people like you work. Turning it all around.'

You pushed his hand away. At this point you didn't know wh you liked him. He was so stupid. You were getting more angry every second.

'I'm the one walking away! You're not! So why would I say that you were pussy?! God you're so stupid!' You hissed.

Harry looked at you. He clearly didn't understand what was happening.

'How am I supposed to believe you?! You a stupid Malfoy. A snake!' He yelled at you.

'Oh please! Do you know me?! Do you have any idea what my character is?! Have you ever tried to looked at me differently?!' You yelled at him, not able to hold in your anger anymore.

Harry was startled by your sudden outburst.

'Since the moment you met my brother, you immediately thought I was the same as him. That I'm just a mean Slytherin, a stupid Malfoy! Did you ever consider that I'm a person, with feelings! I'm not like my family! But of course you didn't even want to find out because you're just portraying me like a stereo type! Not all Slytherins and Malfoys are bad!' You yelled at him. 'God why do I even like you?' You said out loud before you knew it.

You quickly ran off, leaving Harry confused. You couldn't believe you said that to him. Harry knew that you liked him.

You hurried towards the common room. You were sure Harry wouldn't come there. You sat down on the couch with a sigh.

-

It was a few days later. You tried to avoid Harry where you could. No one could know that you liked him. But you were afraid that he told everyone.

You left the great hall.. late as always. Making sure you wouldn't bump into Harry. You walked through the empty corridors towards the common room.

'You're leaving late.'

You immediately turned around and saw Harry.

'Don't talk to me.' You said.

'I think we should talk.'

'Did you tell anyone?' You immediately asked him.

Harry shook his head. You sighed in relief.

'That's all I wanted to know. Now.. if you'll excuse me.'

'Wait.'

You didn't want to stop but your body did it automatically. You didn't turn around. You just stopped.

'I'm sorry that I judged you like that.'

You couldn't believe he was apologising. You turned around in surprise.

'It must be hard to be part of a family like that when you're different.'

'Thank you?'

Harry grinned.

'How can you like a jerk like me?' He asked you.

You shrugged. You really didn't know.

'It just happened.' You said. 'I don't know why.'

Harry stepped a little closer to you. You didn't expect anything to happen.

'You know.. we could try to act normal to each other.'

'Try?' You asked him.

Harry nodded.

'And then?' You asked him. 'Just I case you still don't get it.. I like you.'

'We can see where it leads.' Harry smiled.

You knew it was better than nothing. You smiled back at him.

'Really?' You asked him.

'Yes.' He smiled.

'Okay.' You agreed.