Draco x Goth!reader ~ I am your people

Requested by: anonymous (If you pm me you can be anonymous)

Enjoy!

-

You walked through the corridors. People backed up, walked in a massive detour around you or whispered when you passed them. You sighed and looked at the floor.

You knew why they did that. You were a muggleborn. It was Saturday and you didn't even have to go to class. In the weekend you always wore what ever you wanted. You were a typical goth.

You'd always do you make up you wanted but were forced to wear robes. In the weekend you were yourself.. and no one liked it. Not even the muggleborns understood. You were often called a death eater. Apparently your appearance made them think that.

You looked at the students around you. Nasty looks and were passed at you. First years were mostly afraid of you.. because of the rumours.

You sighed and walked outside. You decided to go to the lake. It was a pretty quiet place. Most students were now studying in the library.

When you arrived you sat down against the big tree. You looked around at what people were there. You loved doing that. There were so many different students at Hogwarts. The negative side of watching people were the looks they returned to you.

A certain blonde immediately caught your eye. Draco Malfoy. You looked at him. You really liked him. You never spoke to him but he was one of the few students that never said anything about your appearance. You thought Draco was pretty mysterious and that got you attention.

His platinum blonde, almost white hair, was always perfect. His eyes were gray, almost silver. In the weekends he liked to wear a black suit. Something different like you.

You knew for sure that Draco heard the rumours. Although he never said anything to you, you were afraid to approach him. You couldn't just go: Hi Draco! I'm that one girl that everyone is constantly talking about! Let's hang out!

You sighed and laid your head back against the tree trunk. You could just change your appearance. But you refused to back down from your lifestyle. It was what defined you.

You got pulled out of your thoughts when a shadow crossed you. You looked up and saw Pansy, Gregory, Vincent with a group of other students, standing in front of you. Others were watching already. You glanced to the side and saw Draco looking. He wasn't joining his friends.. He normally did. Especially when it was about bullying people. You looked back at them.

'What you doing? Thinking about a plan to kill us all?' Pansy asked.

You sighed and didn't even want to respond.

'No respond? Is that a yes?' Gregory asked.

'I'm not going to respond..  because you're all wrong. Just because I'm different, doesn't mean that I'm a death eater. Besides, even if I were.. why would you even insult me? You'd die first.' You said. 'The only reason you'd want to do that, is because you're a death eater yourself.'

Pansy started laughing and soon more people joined in. It was pathetic to see them all following her.

'Are you saying that every student at our school is a death eater?'

'I'm saying that it's more likely that you all are then that I am one.' You said while getting up.

You didn't even want to stay here any longer. You didn't want to have this conversation with all these people watching.. including Draco.

'Or at least.. that you are.' You said while looking at pansy.

She raised her hand and slapped you across the face. You gasped in pain and laid your hand on your cheek.

'How dare you?! I don't believe in what your people believe in!'

'You do know you're basically saying that you're death eater seeing that I AM YOUR PEOPLE!' You hissed.

'Don't lie you death eater!'

You took a deep breath and decided that it was enough. You turned around and wanted to walk away. When you started walking away one of the guys hurried forwards and grabbed your wrist. You turned around and looked at him.

'Let me go.' You snapped.

'Running away?' He asked with a smirk.

He pushed you against the tree. His hand was on your throat. He applied pressure but made sure you could breath a little bit.

'Guys!' You heard someone hiss.

Everyone looked into the direction the sound was coming from.

'Hi dracy-poo.' Pansy spoke with a big smile, while playing with her hair and blinking too much.

'Let her go, what a nonsense.'

He pushed the Gryffindor away that was holding you. You cheeks shot red when you saw Draco. He was helping you.. why?

'Draco, she's a death eater.'

Draco grabbed your left arm and pulled up your sleeve. He did the same to your other arm.

'She not. See. Why do you have to keep bothering her? It isn't even fun or funny anymore.'

'But-'

'No but! Piss off. All of you.'

The students knew better then to mess with Draco Malfoy. Although Pansy wasn't planning on leaving.

'You're standing up for.. for that?!'

'That is a girl and she has a name.'

'That isn't worthy of a name.' Pansy spat.

Draco lifted his eyebrows and grinned.

'Pansy..'

Pansy looked at him.

'I'll tell my father about this. You know he doesn't like you.'

Pansy sighed in frustration and walked away. Draco turned to you. You passed him a thankful smile.

'Don't mind them to much.. they can't stand it that you're different.. or yourself.' Draco smiled.

He reached out his hand. You grabbed it and your face turned even more red then it already was.

'Draco Malfoy.' He smiled.

'I don't think I need to introduce myself.' You grinned.

'Y/N Y/L.. right?'

'Ten points for Slytherin.' You joked.

'Yes.' Draco laughed.

There was a silence. You didn't know if you had to tell him.

'Well.. I'll leave you alone now.'

Draco started walking away.

'Draco.'

He stopped and turned around.

'Thank you.'

He smiled a little.

'Yeah no problem. I don't really think you deserve it.'

'Listen.. I've been wanted to come up to you. Just to talk.. but I thought you'd think the same as everyone.'

'Why would I? There's no reason to think that when it isn't true. When there's no proof.'

You smiled thankfully. You swallowed and didn't want to let a silence pass again.

'Do you want to do something some time? Get a drink or something?' You asked him.

Draco smiled lightly.

'Sure. Tomorrow? I'll arrange something.' He smiled.

You nodded and couldn't believe he said yes. Draco said goodbye and you were happier then you had even been.