Reunion of sorts

"Family gives us two things; one is roots, the other is wings" -Unknown

A disoriented and weak Rhowette turned to look around the luxurious room that had served as her prison since her abduction. She had woken up that first time with both ankles fast bound in long silver chains which allowed her to reach as far as the bathroom, which was the only doorway in the room, as far as her mortal eyes could see. And yet, every single day, a woman who had introduced herself as Lilah, came through a seemingly invisible doorway and waited on her hand and foot, attending to her every need.

Wearily, Rhowette stretched out her chain bound legs. They felt practically non-existent yet the silver had been draining her. She could barely feel her wolf, Ray, so she only got to speak to her conscience who seemed to have a mind of her own, Angel as Ray liked to call her. And her connection with her mate felt so strained, it hurt to think about it.

The sound of footsteps caused Rhowette to snap open her eyes which seemed to have closed on their own while she was lost in thoughts. She looked up to see a sneering auburn-haired woman, who looked to be in her mid-forties but yet managed to be still hold up a limp blonde-haired body.

The woman dropped the body gently beside Rhowette and bound her ankles in a similar fashion as Rhowette's.

"I've brought you a lovely gift, thank me later." The woman smirked wickedly before disappearing through the invisible doors.

Rhowette turned to look at the body whose face was concealed by her blonde hair. On instinct, Rhowette reached over to brush the hair that was sticking to the girl's face, but stopped in shock when the first few strands fell aside. She peered closely again, then reeled back as though burnt by a hot flaming rod. Stumbling, she rushed off the bed and ran toward the bathroom. Nudging the tap open, she splashed some water on her face and looked up into the mirror, watching as the drops of water soaked into a few of her blonde strands and made their way down to her neck. She looked into her sapphire blue eyes and saw the doubt in them. Looking down she shook her head, it didn't make sense, it just couldn't be. It had to be a trick of sorts. She turned toward the bedroom and looked at the still figure, blinking a few more times just to be certain she wasn't seeing a mirage or apparition. As much as it all seemed very confusing, deep down she just knew this was no trick.

'you better believe it girl,' Angel whispered excitedly.

Reluctantly, Rhowette slipped back unto the bed, and sat with her legs tucked under her, and resumed peering curiously at the rather peculiar situation before her. No sooner had she settled into this comfortable pattern of curiously staring when the blonde's eyes snapped open to reveal startling sapphire blue eyes.

******************************************

Startled, the girl shot of the bed, only to slump back on it when a dizzy wave hit her.
“I think you should lie down a bit more. You don’t look so good.” Rhowette spoke gently. She understood just how startled this young lady was, considering how baffled she still felt at the moment.
“Am I dreaming again? And if I am, how come you aren’t in your usual run-down clothing?” The girl questioned, as though hoping that by doing that she will ascertain that it was just a dream. Because as far as she knew, her reflection, which was almost always poorly dressed in all previous dreams had never actually spoken back to her.
“You’re not dreaming. And I think I understand your confusion. I had those dreams too…” Rhowette replied calmly, “I’m Rhowette. But you can call me Rhow.”
Hesitantly, the girl studied Rhowette, as though trying to gauge if she wasn’t just some trick her kidnappers wanted to use against her. “It’s quite strange that you do not know who I am,” she paused, before raising her chin a little higher, “I’m Princess Jhuliette of the werewolf kingdom.”