Grenade

"I had concocted the gunpowder myself from niter, sulfur, charcoal, and a happy heart. When working with explosives, I've found that attitude is everything." - Alan Bradley

"Wakey wakey Rhow," Fiona screamed, causing Rhowette to roll off the bed in fright till her body met the hard cream carpeted floor of her assigned room.

Disoriented for a moment, she rubbed her forehead which had come into a rather startling contact with the floor before glaring at Fiona who was busily laughing. The girl literally lived off laughing at people.

"Is that the best way you could wake me up?"

"Nope. But it was the most hilarious way."

Rhowette disentangled herself from her sheets and stood up.

"So what was the reason for my rude awakening?"

"Ow don't be a spoilsport like Yvette, I woke you up so we can have a wonderful breakfast." Fii spoke with a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

"I am not half the spoilsport that Yvette can be. Remember when she screamed yesterday just to draw attention to herself?"

Fiona guffawed.

"Yeah, totally. And it was all because of an imaginary spider. I mean, we all know those things don't freak her out in the least. So everyone practically ignored her afterwards."

"When will she go back to her pack?"

"I don't know. She comes and goes as she pleases. Anyway you really should change quickly so we hurry down."

"Aye aye cap'ain" Rhow drawled in mock salute.

A couple of minutes later found them downstairs eagerly devouring chicken burgers. Talk of a junkie way to start the day. More like healthy junkie day, Rhowette noted as she acknowledged the alarmingly healthy descriptions Lisa gave as she made some more burgers for the others.

"Hey guys"

"Hi yourself." Rhowette smiled as Philip walked into the kitchen.

"I smell bacon." Daniel drawled as he followed behind Philip.

"Nope, no bacon here." Fii grinned. "But I saved one boiled egg for you. I left it in the microwave so you can just warm it a bit."

Lisa raised an eyebrow at Fii but decided to remain silent.

"I really smell something fishy." Daniel frowned.

"Must be the sushi Liz is working on." Philip spoke from where he had propped himself against the kitchen island.

"I don't mean literally fishy but metaphorically."

"Whatever."

Mumbling profanities under his breath, Daniel walked towards the microwave cautiously and slowly opened it. Right inside was a shell free egg on a plate.

Rhowette watched in bafflement as Daniel picked the boiled egg and sniffed it.

"Uhh....Daniel, I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with that egg. I was here when she put peeled of the shell and saved it in there for you." She spoke up.

Daniel looked thoughtful for a moment before shrugging and placing the egg back down. He shut the microwave and turned it on for a while before pulling out the now warmed up boiled egg.

"Here Rhow, pass him the knife so he can slice it up." Fii told Rhowette as she passed her the knife with an all too serious face.

Rhowette picked it up and gave it to Daniel who stood alone in front of the counter that housed the microwave. Muttering a thanks he brought the knife down and sliced through the egg.

Okay, not really. He did not actually get to slice through the egg much. Rhowette noted later, because as soon as the sharp knife pressed into the egg, it blew up in Daniels face.

"What the f-" Daniel started but was silenced by Lisa's glare that soon transformed into an amused grin.

"Bu-, but...." He stuttered.

"Hahaha.....you just got yoked. And I got it all up here" Fii jumped up and down in delight, waving her sleek iPhone in the air.

"But, how come - "

"Check the date dimwit, its prank your twin day." She grinned.

Philip stood up to pat Daniel at the back before heading out of the kitchen, "I wonder why you ever believed Fii would willingly save you any food."

Rhowette was too stunned to talk. So this was the breakfast with a show Fiona had spoken about. She squashed the guilt she felt because to be fair, she had no idea Fii had this all planned.

She zeroed in on the girl in question who was singing. Wait? Was that her personal rendition of Grenade?

"- you don't understand is I'll save a grenade for you. Right here in a microwave. In the form of an awesome egg. To just prank the hell outta you."

Rhowette burst out laughing. That was hilarious but she just had to admit that the girl had some pipes in there because her voice was awesome. Then she paused when she heard Daniel sing. Her jaw dropped. You see why she liked the guy. A living, breathing, singing Jussie.

"-Bad woman, bad woman. That's just what you are, you'd play the twin part with me then smirk and yoke up my face."

Just tell me he plays the piano or guitar and I'd just die right here for him. Rhowette thought.

As though reading her thoughts, Lisa sighed, " Those two are the only musical beings in the family. I can barely sing a scale, yet they can vocalize and harmonize with their voices plus a number of instruments. "

"That's really awesome" Rhowette grinned.

"Which one, me being the odd ball or they being the talented runts?"

"Funny. The latter though."

Just then a tall well built man came in through the doorway, looking as formidable as ever. Fiona and Daniel suddenly shut their mouths at the sight of him and Lisa just glared. She had no idea he was back already.

Rhowette suddenly felt edgy. She had no idea who this man was but the reactions from the others was a dead ringer that he was bad news. The long slash on his jaw, coupled with his crooked nose spoke volumes. And that stern look. Those eyes. Rhowette gasped. She was positive that this man was related to the three siblings who were in there with her.

Abraham McDan looked over the four pair of eyes that were fixed on him and narrowed his eyes on the unfamiliar face.

"Rhowette right? The Alpha wants to speak to you."

Author's note:
Hello there,
I'm soo sorry. Its been an entire week I think. Sorry sorry sorry.🙇. I hope thus chapter makes up for it. Please dont forget to vote, comment and share.Enjoy!!

<3KellaYebba