Family roots and gleaming silver ware.

"I'm planting a tree to teach me to gather strength from my deepest roots."

Andrea Jones.

Dedicated to Genevieve Antwi-Nuamah

Philip stared wide eyed as he watched Rhowette come down the stairs. The girls had taken their precious time in dressing up so the rest of the pack members who had come along had already taken the lead.

Daniel slowly whistled beside Philip, "You are one lucky dog."

Philip growled in annoyance at being called a dog but silently agreed that he was definitely one lucky guy. Through the trembling inferno of need that overwhelmed his senses, he dimly wondered why he was still standing. He watched her descent, with her glowing blonde hair piled atop her head and held in place with a delicate butterfly comb, leaving a few tendrils to frame her beautiful face. He had no idea what magic Fiona had worked on her face but her eyes seemed to stand out, framed by her beautifully long blonde lashes. Her full red lips were just begging to be kissed, testing the last threads of control he had over his body which almost snapped the moment she innocently bit her lip in nervousness. The creamy white of her skin glinted in the light and her plunging neckline teased him with darkened shadows. Definitely a B. Enough to fit right into our palms. Philip faintly registered Philemon's comment in the recesses of his mind. He was captivated by the angel who was now standing at the foot of the stairs, probably waiting for him to make a comment. Philip allowed his eyes to roam freely over the silver dress that clung to her body till mid hip, flowing freely down to her feet, with a slit on the right side that run from mid-thigh downwards, parting graciously to show her right leg that seemed to go on forever. Every nerve in his body was pushing him to mark her right there.

"Hun, could you please stop eye raping her? The girl is as red as a tomato." Rachel Dodge spoke up from the couch she was perched on. Philip groaned as the twins burst into laughter beside an extremely flustered Rhowette.

"Mum really?"

Rachel just shrugged and smirked before waving them out of the house and towards the Palace ballroom. Rhowette mused at the exchange between mother and son, concluding that Rachel definitely passed on those charming and beautiful genes to Phil. For a woman her age she looked astoundingly beautiful, and she rocked that midnight blue gown to a T.
Philip fell in step with Rhowette and took her hand as they walked towards the ballroom.

Rhowette felt the tingles all over the moment Philip took her hand. She let out a content sigh and welcomed the warmth that spread through her body. She was starting to like this mating bond more and more.

"It gets better once you are marked." Philip murmured.

"Can you already read my thoughts?"

"haha...no. But I am a pretty good guesser," Philip paused. "You're looking beautiful."

"Thanks Phil."

"Wait, no. let me rephrase this. You are beautiful and you look positively ravishing tonight."

"I'd rather not repeat that tomato experience so please tone down the charm." Rhowette laughed silently, causing Philip to laugh out laugh out beside her.

"Okay, okay. Cut it out love birds," Fii groaned as she stormed between Philip and Rhowette, linking her arms with theirs.

"Thank God. The mushiness in the air was starting to make me a tad bit nauseous." Daniel crooned.

"I really cannot wait for the two of you to meet your mates." Rachel commented, rolling her eyes at the twins' theatrics.

"Not exactly looking forward to that right now Aunt. Rach."