Deadly echoes

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.

Leonardo da Vinci

"Hey Rhow, you feeling okay there?" Daniel asked as he plopped into the empty seat beside her.

"Yeah. I'm okay. Just a tad bit tired."

"Rough night?"

"Kinda."

"Don't tell me Fii kept you awake until late packing clothes she approved."

"Haha- Luckily no. I mildly escaped that one. Where's Phil?"

"Aaaah-"Daniel teased as he wiggled his eyebrows , "You're missing lover boy already."

Rhowette giggled and stuck out her tongue.

"Rhow babe, there are several things we could do with that tongue if-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." Philip growled as he walked towards the two of them with Fii following closely behind. Rhowette turned a deep shade of red.

"Hey there tomato," Fiona laughed as she landed rather ungracefully into the seat opposite Rhowette while Philip took the one opposite Daniel although he was itching to be much closer to Rhowette.

"Shush up Fii."

"I love you too Rhow." Fiona laughed louder.

"Yeah. I absolutely love you Rhow." Daniel added earning a glare from Philip.

"You know I love you too Danny but please stop baiting Phil," Rhowette said amidst laughter before turning to address Phil, "Won't any of the others join us?"

"Nope, they'll fill up the other compartments."

"Okay."

"Yeah."

A comfortable silence descended among the four people gathered in that particular cabin. Each lost in their own world. Fiona bobbing her head gently to the music that surrounded her through her headphones, Daniel mentally laying out ideas for his new project, Philip consumed in plans of what to do on Rhowette's birthday and finally Rhowette, staring absent mindedly out the window waiting for the plane to take off so the flight could be over and done with.

Lucky for her, it did not take long for a voice to ring out through the plane reminding everyone to fasten their seat belts as the plane was about to take off. Rhowette quickly made sure her seat belt was well fastened before laying back in her chair and shutting her eyes, willing for her inner voice to just show up and take her mind off the flight. But alas, the voice never piped up, causing Rhowette to tighten her hands in a fist and try to will away the fast rising nausea.

Just as soon as her nerve endings had started going haywire, they calmed when a warm hand clasped around one of her tightened fists and gently pried them open, before interlocking their fingers.

"Thank," she whispered.

"Don't mention love. Just sleep." Philip whispered

***********************************************************************************

Rhowette allowed the whisper to wash over her as she let the darkness consume her. It felt so comforting at first, but the next moment she was suddenly falling down a dark abyss with her breath behind sucked out of her. She tried to remain calm, refusing to let herself struggle against the force that seemed to be pulling her down rapidly. Suddenly the dark walls of the unending hole seemed to morph into the glass walls she mostly saw in the hallway. And as she rightly presumed, her reflection was looking back at her, with her hair flowing wildly around in a tangled mess and her face smudged with dirt. Rhow could spot an occasional twig in her hair and grass stains in the pure white dress. She looked down to be confirm if she looked just as disheveled as her reflection but her attention was suddenly shifted to the reverberating drum beats in the free space she kept falling through. She vaguely registered her reflection reaching to hold neck as though she was being strangled when she started feeling similar sensation around her own neck. She mirrored the actions of her reflection in her desperate attempt to claw whatever was strangling her off her neck. It took a while for her to realize that object of her struggle seemed to be her necklace. And her reflection seemed to realize the same. It seemed at the very moment of their realization, the necklace started to glow and suddenly begun to burn through their flesh. Both their eyes widened with fear and pain the same moment creepy laughter started to echo alongside the reverberating drumbeats. A rhythmic chanting begun and the next sounds that seemed to pierce through the noise where howls of pain that escaped suddenly through her lips without her consent.

Her heart beat started to suddenly consume her the very moments she felt her life ebb out. Her mind unclearly registered the very last beat before everything around her stilled in silence.

"Rhow......Rhowette. We are here." Philip whispered as he nudged Rhowette. She looked uncharacteristically pale and he felt the swirling notion of fear climbing up deep within him.

He run his hand over her cheek and pulled his hand away suddenly at the stinging chill shot through his fingers. He was about to mind link the pack doctor when her hands which weren't as cold as her face enclosed around his.

"Don't. I'm okay," she whispered.

He turned to look at her still closed eyes, watching as color seemed to return back to her form. Her eyelids gently rolled up to reveal her eyes which seemed to glow before they dimmed.

"What just happened?" he demanded.

Rhowette looked around their cockpit only to realize they were the only ones still in here. She opened her lips to talk but was stopped short by the hiss of pain that pulled through her lips. On impulse her hands clasped around her necklace but rather than pulling comfort from it, she pulled it off roughly from her neck, using her free hand to rub against where the necklace was placed around her neck.

Philip pulled her hand away and looked in time to see a red mark fading away. He pulled up her hand and stared at the necklace before looking up at her in bewilderment.

"What is going on?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello there,

Its been a while. sorry again. THANKS again. 1K reads. Just thank you all very much. Bless up.

Much love,

KellaYebba.