Bestfriends come in pairs

Dedicated to DannyMensah

"Let's swear each with our pinky
We'll be the best of friends
Until we are old and wrinkly!"
~Author unknown

She barely registered surprise when her eyes fluttered open to reveal that she had fallen asleep in the woods. This was not the first time and it was definitely not going to be the last. She took in the earthly fragrance of the woods at dawn and allowed a smile to grace her lips. Smacking them she cringed at the taste in her mouth.

"This is what you get for not brushing before bed," She muttered to herself.
Bending forward, she scooped up water from the creek and pushed it into her mouth in an attempt to minimize the repulsive taste. She did not even want to consider how bad her morning breath must be.

Pushing herself off the ground, Rhowette made her way through the woods and towards home.

Unbeknownst to her, another presence had kept watch as her steady breathing had broken it's pattern to signal her return from 'sleepville'.

Crouching low out of sight in the woods, it had watched as a frown momentarily marred her features before she had reached down to scoop water into her mouth. The being had been quite distracted by that lone drop of water that had dribbled from the corner of her mouth and down her chin as she slushed the water through her mouth. Before she spat the water out and wiped off the treacherous drop with the back of her hand.

The being had watched the pure elation that lit up her face as she revelled in the feel of the woods and had followed her silently and close enough to see the sadness that cloaked her face as she walked out of the woods toward a house, just as dawns early light begun to break through.

                  *******************

Even though he was big and warm, it felt nice to have her cuddled to his side and he revelled in the feeling of her hands in his fur although he knew she had no idea of what she was doing. Assessing the area to make sure there was no danger around, he succumbed to sleep and would have stayed so if it had not been that wet tickling sensation on his face.

He tried batting whatever it was away and all he had in response were giggles and more of the wet ticklish sensation.
Groaning he turned his body away from the sensation and was met by more giggles. The beep of a recording device was enough to make him lurch in the direction of the sound.
Rather than coming into contact with a person, he ended up with his face pressed against the wall in a quite painful way.

The giggles had now been traded for unrestrained laughter and with a growl, Philip snapped his eyes open and zeroed in on his assailants.

"Can't a man get some sleep in his own home?" He growled in feigned annoyance, causing the younger pair of his assailants to freeze in mock fear while the older pair held back their laughter behind identical grins.

"Uncle Phil it wasn't us, it was them." The older of the two kids pleaded as they both pointed hands at the older assailants before running past Philip and out the the open door.

"Those kids are traitors." Daniel muttered as he watched wide eyed at the retreating figures of his nieces.

"Tell me about," Fii commented dryly before giving Philip a beaming smile when her eyes trailed back to him.

Philip let out a string of curses under his breath as he brought his hands across his face before running them through his dark brown hair.

Even at twenty three, this pair were no where out of their childish phase. Glancing between the two of them he caught sight of the blasted phone which most likely had video footage of his rather rude awakening.

"Fii," he started calmly with a very stern look. "Please hand over the phone."

His request was met with loud guffaws from the pair.
"Dude, I think you should take a look at your face before you start going all alpha male on us." Daniel let out amidst laughter.

Whatever it was, Philip was hoping it was not so bad as he turned to enter the bathroom. Out of all days, why did those two choose today to subject him to their pranks. He glanced into the mirror and glared with horror at the smeared markings on his face. A pink bunny???!!

He had to admit that the kids were pretty good with the art, but why did it have to be on his face. With a frown, he proceeded  to wash off the embarrassing image.

Making his way downstairs with an art free face, Philip entered the huge mahogany themed kitchen and grinned at the sight of a huge  stack of pancakes.

"Hello to you too Phil," a beautiful dark skinned woman called out from her post beside the stove.

"Hello Lisa," Philip gushed as he made his way towards her to press a kiss on  her cheek.

"You know that I'm always glad to see you."

"More like, you are always glad to eat my food," Lisa chuckled.

With an adorable and warm personality, Philip wondered how she had come out sane while the two after her came out well, pretty insane and how she had mothered those two rug rats who were learning at the feet of their insane uncle and aunt.

"I heard about what Maxine and Melanie did, well under the guidance of Dan and Fii of course," Lisa said with a laugh.
"I am looking forward to seeing that video. I heard it was quite the show."

"Not you too," Philip groaned. "Blood does run pretty deep."

With that he stacked his plate high with pancakes, poured more than enough maple syrup and begun to gobble it up.

"Hey bestie," Fii whistled, causing Philip to turn to look behind him.

"Saving the best for the last huh?" She asked with a mischievous grin.

Casting a last glance of suspicion her way, Philip turned to savor his last piece of pancake only to be met with an empty plate.

He turned so fast he experienced a whiplash, before he narrowed his eyes at the two culprits who were enjoying his pancake.

"Daniel!! Fiona!! I am going to plunder you two till you become Siamese twins," Philip delivered the warning as he launched in the direction of the boisterous twins.

Author's Note: Hey guys,
So uhh....I don't know, I'm pretty sure something went wrong somewhere in this part cos I was kinda sleep typing🙇. So sorry in advance, especially for the typos. And imagine that cute face painting up there on a manly, gorgeous, brown haired looking alpha male😂.
Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. I really look forward to those.

<3 KellaYebba