Only Hope

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all." - Emily Dickinson

Abraham McDan squashed the knot of guilt that started to tighten his heart as he looked at his children.

"You are back too soon. Why? You could not get anything else to keep you away from your children?"

Lisa snapped her head in Fiona's direction. As much as they all bore grudges against their father for his apparent neglect ever since their mothers death several years ago, they mostly tried to avoid such confrontations.

"I would clip those lips shut if I were you, young lady."

"Do not talk to my sister like that." Daniel growled, his anger starting to rise beneath his mostly cool easy going farcade.

"Need I remind you pup, that she is my daughter as much as you are my son so you better watch that tone around me. I am not only your father but the Beta of this pack so accord me the needed respect."

"Our Beta, yes. Our Father, No. You lost that years ago." Lisa delivered coolly in a soft tone that did not betray the true emotion she felt inside.

Abraham forced all his will power to maintain the nonchalant look on his face. Lisa's comment got to him the most because not only was she the splitting image of her mother but she was the closest to him, before he withdrew in an attempt to deal with the loss of his mate.

Looking over them once more, he turned and headed in the direction he had come initially come from. Pausing only to knock at the thick mahogany doors before pushing it open to join the Alpha and the blonde girl he had called just earlier.

"Good of you to join us now, Abraham." Gregory nodded in his direction as he pulled up a seat beside Rhowette.

"I was having a little chat with Rhowette here, getting to know as much about her as possible. As you can clearly discern, she is human, however she doesn't have that smell around her. And a chat with Munira revealed to me the need to find out as much of her history as possible because she has been put under a masking spell by someone very powerful. Munira suspects that it might be one of the benders in the elite circle but she cannot trace the source. So far Rhowette has given basic details on the people she had around her while growing up so we will investigate from there. In the mean time we cannot let her be a weak link in our pack so training for her commences tomorrow. I trust you will make the necessary arrangements."

"Yes Alpha. I will begin work immediately." With that as a response, Abraham stood up and took his leave.

"You may also leave girl. Training starts tomorrow and for your own sake I hope you are ready."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys,

I know, its been ages. I had to literally battle through this semester of school and even my Christmas holidays are being forfeited in the name of research :c It's pretty depressing. Let me not bore you with my sob story. I really really apologize for the delay and the rather short update. I promise to update much more frequently, but please please motivate with your comments and votes. They keep me going.

Much love dearies,

KellaYebba.