Inside Out

Even the simplest tasks can be overwhelming sometimes- Rhonda Bodfield

Rhowette blinked a couple of times and more just to be certain that what she was peering down at was not some trick of the lights.

"I don't understand." She whispered in despair.

Right in her palms was a phone that bore a video of none other but herself. But instead of it showing her being beaten black and blue by Nathaniel, it showed something entirely different. After falling from the impact of Nathaniel's initial attack, she steadily got up and effortlessly balanced her weight on the toes of her right leg, while thrusting her left leg slowly in the air behind her, allowing it to hang loosely, like a ballet dancer in the peak of her routine. Strands of hair that had escaped from her hastily made pony tail fanned her face as though dancing to a lullaby of their own. She breathed in and out slowly and steadily before allowing her eyes to snap open. As though caught in a trance, she simply looked over the crowd before pausing to stare intently at her attacker.

At some point, people in the crowd had started to laugh, but Rhowette simply focused on Nathaniel and motioned at him with her fingers, in a come hither, sort of motion. Confused at her stance, Nathaniel made an attempt to attack only to be blocked and pushed back with force that landed him straight on his back side. The crowd had suddenly gone silent after that. A cynical smile had crossed Rhowette's lips and her eyes held a faraway look, almost as if she was in a daze. Taking the fall as a major dent to his ego, Nathaniel launched attack after attack at Rhowette in an attempt to redeem his image. And every attack was effortlessly blocked until Nathaniel found himself hunched over panting for breath. Still Rhowette maintained her posture, with calm steady breaths. The only evidence of any form of activity was the glistening sweat that coated her skin.

With a grunt Nathaniel stood up tall and looked straight into Rhowette's eyes. Rhowette cocked her head slightly to the right and stared right back. Muttering a curse, Nathaniel charged straight into Rhowette, only to have her lock his arms before lifting the side of her palm to hit the point between his neck and shoulder, rendering him motionless. She pushed him to the ground and came down from her posture. Then as though a weight had suddenly been placed on her, her eyes shut and she fell to the ground like a weightless dummy.

"What was that? What happened? What am I?" Rhowette started to ask hysterically after the video ended. Suddenly, her breathing started to get labored and she started shaking all over. Tightening her arms around herself and shaking her head continuously.

"I think she is getting a panic attack." Fiona voiced out.

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious, dearest sister," Daniel muttered sarcastically.

"Can the two of you just shut up? This isn't the time for your theatrics." Philip called out before turning his attention toward Rhowette.

He pulled here into his arms and tried to calm her down.

"Halo girl, just breath, everything will be fine. We'll figure this out. Shush." He cooed.

"I don't still why you should panic, that was some cool bad ass st-"

"Fii just shush, badass or not, it's still overwhelming."

"Brother dearest this is the most sense you've made in a while but you didn't have to shush me."

Daniel made an attempt to throw a comeback that was readily silenced by one look from Philip. Seeming to realize that they were of no use, Daniel walked out of the room with Fiona at his heels.

Rhowette who was now buried in Philip's arms had calmed down a bit but nothing could stop the sobs that racked through her system. In an attempt to provide some form of comfort, Philip rubbed her back in circles with his hand until her sobs had died down. Taking not of her calm steady breaths, Philip pulled back to look at her face only to realize she had fallen asleep.

He tried to disentangle her limbs from his so he could lay her back on her bed but Rhowette tightened her grip. Having no other option, Philip stretched out on the bed with sleeping Rhowette lying on him.

"We could get used to this." Philemon mused.

"She's not ours, don't get too attached," Philip sighed.

"A wolf can hope you know? Because right now the feel of her pressed to us is doing wonderful things to my-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence Philemon, you are treading dangerous grounds." Philip grunted

Philemon hollered loudly in Philip's head and out of annoyance, Philip shut him off. Why did Philemon have to be so point blank when Philip was trying to avoid the obvious? No matter what they both did, Rhowette was not his mate and this was most like a passing fancy right?

Pushing his scattered thoughts out, he focused on the little blondie in his arms. His halo girl. No personal pronouns Phil, he mentally reminded himself with a groan. Regardless of his attempts she had grown on him and at that moment Philip made a silent vow to himself to help her figure her life out. He knew how it felt to be lost without any roots to keep you grounded. With that last thought, he succumbed to sleep that came along with the warm weight of Rhowette on him oblivious to the worried figure standing in the door way.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey loves, I think I'm hyper today so my thoughts are pretty scattered. Not sure how well this chapter went and I'm pretty sure the typos are a lot. Btw....what at all is Rhowette? Any guesses? Just let me know what you think. And please share and vote as well. Much love and have an awesome day or night wherever you are. Bless up.

Kella Yebba