Witching Hour

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." - Ephesians 6:11,12

Rhowette stared wide eyed at Philip. What did he mean by what was she?

" What do you mean by that? I'm a woman, obviously." She responded in a shaky voice.

She was not oblivious to what he was and what he was capable of. She might be weak and pathetic but definitely not dumb.

It was no brainers that the stranger she had met at the grocery store was definitely the same as the wolf she had met on those previous occasions.

Plus, since she had already concluded that she was going bonkers, it was not so had to believe that Twilight was not so make believe after all.

This guy was a predator, even if he had been her Savior and he probably had ulterior motives, so it was best if she treaded cautiously around him.

"You know what I mean so don't play coy with me. What are you, a succubus, a witch, a necromancer? What?? Cos it is pretty obvious you are not human." Philip snapped.

Rhowette's jaw dropped down in shock.

"Whoa, whoa, slow down mister. Just because you're some hot shot werewolf does not mean I'm not human either. One moment I'm trying to escape from an abusive home and the next moment I'm being accused of not being human? How much more can a girl take in a day. No this is too much. If I was some supernatural being do you think I would put up with all that crap I had to endure."

Philip realised the girl was now in a state of hysteria and he was starting to feel bad. And had she mentioned an abusive home? His blood boiled at the thought.

"Look, Halo girl,"

"Rhowette."

"What?" Philip scrunched his face in confusion.

"My name is Rhowette, not Halo girl."

"Okay, Rhowette," Philip said slowly, testing the name on his lips.

Rhowette shivered, was it bad that she liked how her name sounded when he spoke it? Get a grip girl, you're in a dilemma here.

"You cold or something?" Philip asked, noting how she had shivered for a moment.

"No, I'm fine. You were saying something before I interrupted."

"Yes, so as I was saying, obviously you're just as clueless as we are, but I have to question your knowledge on our existence. I find it quite suspicious. "

"Look, Philip, right?" She paused for his nod before continuing.

"How dumb do you think I am? Hollywood has taught the average human, which includes me, that a huge oversized wolf that seems to have huge similarities to a human who suddenly appears when the wolf disappears is definitely a real life Jacob black. Does that sound plausible enough to you?" She spoke, failing to keep the edge out of her voice.

Letting out a frustrated growl, Philip got up to leave. "Stay right here, I'll be right back."

"I definitely have no where else to go so imma stay put." Rhowette muttered bitterly, more to herself, than Philip.

Casting a last glance at the golden blonde who was the center of his frustration, Philip stepped out and shut the door behind him.

He turned the lock till it gave a satisfying click before turning to face Brian who was still waiting outside.

"The alpha is requesting for your presence in his office immediately." Brian informed Philip with a tinge of regret.

"He is back already?" Philip murmured in exasperation.

"Yes, and not alone. I'd advice you to go to him immediately."

"Thanks."

Flying down the stairs, Philip paused behind the alpha's office before pushing it open, "Hello Father."

Then quickly he turned to face the fiery red haired woman,with the face and body of a goddess. Skin as flawless as a newborn babe, lips as red as blood and heart as pure as the driven snow.

"Good to see you again Munira." He said with a being smile.

Munira gracefully stood up and glided with arms open wide towards Philip.

"I think I deserve more than a greeting Philip," she said as she pulled him in for a long hug.

"So, where is she?"

"Who?"

"That Beau you are so confused over." Munira added with a grin.

"She insisted on coming with me to rectify a situation that apparently you seem to have brought upon yourself." Gregory Dodge clarified, looking condescendingly at his son.

Philip turned to look at the man who he resembled in every aspect of the physical sense. Alpha of the crescent pack and father extraodinaire, kindly note the sarcasm.

He turned to look at Munira. He shouldn't have been so surprised that she was here. Being one of the highest ranking witches, she was known for her insight in many situations.

She willingly offered her services to all those who desperately needed it without taking anything in return. She stated that it was for the greater good of preserving the balance of the world.

"Follow me." Philip said abruptly, then turned to leave, knowing that Munira and his father will follow close behind.

Unlocking the door, Philip pushed it open, ushering them in.

Rhowette lifted her head to stare at the invaders of her privacy, or could she call it that?

Her skin prickled with uneasiness. She noted the similarities between Philip and the older man that just stepped in, definitely a blood relation there. Most likely his Father.

Then her eyes met the cool, calculating, wait, were those purple irises? She stared wide eyed at the woman who stood beside Philip.

"Rhowette, this is Gregory, my father and the alpha of this pack and this is Munira, our consulting witch. She would like to interact with you for a moment."

Munira stepped forward with a dazzling smile.

"May I touch your hands, I'd like to read your palm if you don't mind.

Hesitantly, Rhowette paced her palm in Munira's outstretched hands.

Clasping it, Munira shut her eyes for a moment. Then suddenly took in a sharp intake of breath and dropped Rhowette's hand before her eyes snapped open. Her purple irises shined brightly with glee, before they dimmed.

" Well?" Gregory questioned.

"Well," Munira turned away from Rhowette to address Gregory and Philip.

Author's note:
Hey guys,
Y'all good? I really appreciate my faithful avid readers, without you guys I probably wouldn't even have reached chapter 12. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter? *crossing fingers and hoping the answer is a yes* Please comment, vote and share. It means the world to me.
And I apologise in advance for typos you might have encountered so far. Haven't had time to edit. Okay I think I'm talking too much now. Laters❤
<3KellaYebba