Guardian Angel

"God is going to send you someone that will rescue you. Then one day you will rescue them in return and together your story will rescue others. He has always been a God of rescues and a maker of warriors for his grace. You only need to believe that you are part of something greater than you know." - Shannon L. Alder

The red blazing lights of his alarm clock read 11:52. He could not believe that it had been just thirty minutes since he shut his eyes to catch some sleep.

He was pretty sure his sudden insomnia was as a result of how anxious and jumpy he felt.

Or probably the fact that the golden haired beauty was still a conundrum to him. Halo girl, he smiled to himself as he remembered the staring contest she tried to have with Philemon.

He turned to his back to stare up at his midnight blue coloured ceiling. He still did not know what she was and even with her guard down while she was cuddled up to Philemon, he still had not been able to pick up even the faintest smell.

She was getting into his head, and he still knew nothing about her, aside where she lived. Was she possibly a threat to his pack? He did not think so, because the vibes he was picking up from her seemed positive enough.

"Yhup, positive enough to stir up some body parts," Philemon snickered.

"Just shut up mutt," Philip grumbled out loud.

Philemon dissolved into laughter that rang out loudly in Philip's head.

"Oh my, Philip. Considering how smart you actually are, curtsey of me of course, you are pretty dumb. Calling me a mutt equals you being a mutt, you know. But come to think of, we are actually mutts" Philemon hollered hysterically at the inside jab.

"Whatever," Philip muttered.

"You know, you could just go by the creek in case she is there, or even go by her house if it makes you feel any better."

"Philemon, I don't need your input right now"

"Well, I don't think we will be catching any sleep right now. And honestly getting to see her will make me feel better. Although it is a bit weird considering how little we know her and the added fact that she is most likely not our mate. But who cares? Just get your lazy ass up."

"Why do you always have to sound so smart?" Philip said as he made his way towards his window.

Hefting himself unto his window, he jumped down smoothly and walked towards the woods as though he had not just jumped out a window on the fifth floor.

Shifting, he gave up all control to Philemon who gladly pawed through the woods towards the creek in anticipation.

A couple of minutes later found him heading towards Halo girl's house since the Creek looked pretty deserted upon arrival.

The stench of blood invaded Philemon's nostrils as well as the smell of a human, most likely a man from the masculine stench of sweaty cologne in the air.

Abandoning his course toward Halo girl's house, Philemon followed the stench to behold a sight that had his blood boiling with rage.

Right in his line of vision, with him partly hidden behind a hedge of close standing trees was a blond man, most likely in his late forties, standing over Halo girl who was trying to move away from the man.

"I will teach you how whores like you ought to be treated,' the blond man spat.

Philemon had assessed the situation enough because in the next moment he stepped into sight and growled lowly at the man who froze in his tracks.

The blond man suddenly turned pale in fright. Without wasting a second, he turned and run as though he had a race to win.

Under Philip's urging, Philemon consumed in pure undiluted rage attempted to go after the man but the soft whimper that escaped Halo girl's lips stopped him in his tracks.

He snapped his head in her direction, then looked back at the retreating figure. Setting his priorities straight, he turned and headed to the spot the golden haired girl lay.

The stench of blood he had caught on earlier had come from her and he realised that when his eyes zoomed in on the flesh wound on her rather twisted ankle.

The groggy sight was so terrible and he knew it probably hurt as much as it looked. If you looked close enough, you could see a rather splintered bone sticking out oddly from the mangled flesh. It seemed her ankle was not just twisted but very much broken.

Another whimper from her drew his eyes to her face. Her closed eyes popped open and looked around wildly until they focused on him. Then she let her lips part in a little smile before her eye lids closed up again.

Letting his eyes scan her body for any other injuries, Philemon allowed Philip to take over the situation since transporting her in Philip's arms were the safest option.

A now nude Philip, quickly pulled on a pair of boxers that were secretly stashed  in the woods for emergencies. Then as gently as he could possibly muster considering the situation,  he carried the now unconscious girl into his arms and sped towards the pack house.

                         **********
Rhowette knew she was done for, as she stared up at the condescending figure of Charles. He had caught up with her and she was too weak to run thanks to the amount of blood she had lost.

Talk about a stroke of bad luck. She felt dizzy and the black spots had started to gather behind her eyes. She could barely fight off the darkness attempting to claim her much less comprehend the words that Charles was saying.

All she knew was that she was done for so she  allowed her eyes to shut close, so the darkness could protect her from the impending doom.

But a subtle change in the environment around her forced her to push through the fog of darkness that was descending, until she opened her eyes and let it roam frantically around. Finally, her eyes settled on the big brown wolf that was just inches away from her.

'So predators can be guardian angels after all,'she thought as she smiled up at him before darkness claimed her.

Author's note:
Hey guys, what do you think about the story so far? Please, please, please...don't be silent readers. Vote, comment, share. As always, I love to get your feedback. Thanks. Peace.
<3 KellaYebba