Reset

Elijah folded the piece of paper with the address and motioned to secure it in the inside pocket of his suit jacket but because he was only wearing a long-sleeved Henley the motion consisted merely of him sliding through the piece of paper across his chest.

He forgot that he wasn't wearing his second skin today and because his neck was still scorching with fever he leaned a for bit against a few random cars before he decided to go inside of the small chapel, it looked a bit abandoned to him but the few candles burning on a small stand were a sign that it just wasn't that frequented.

Aside from the old lady sitting at a really decaying bench, he would have guessed the place to be completely void of a congregation.

Elijah caught movement from the corner of his left eye, the disclosure of a tall black figure took some time to sink in, the man was large, he easily outdid Elijah in height and he his skin was as dark as the oddly outdated clerical habit that he was wearing.

"This is no place for you." The man said in a strange accent.

"I'm looking for someone." Elijah answered while trying to recognize the man's accent.

When the man spoke again Elijah became aware that the priest was speaking in a thick French but for some reason Elijah's brain was delivering the words to him in English.

"You haven't come to the right place to find someone, this church is a passageway." The man said while looking at the old lady in the bench.

When Elijah looked there, her face changed into this horrible extension that went beyond her features, her face was indistinct for a few seconds until the grotesque aspect disappeared and with it, the lady as well.

The hulking priest blew a candle out and spoke again in his ancient ways. "Again, if you are not a soul waiting to go through, then you are not welcome here."

"There is a girl who might have found refuge in here." Elijah insisted.

The priest turned his back on Elijah. "You must leave this place, undying creature."

Elijah took the shoulder of the man wanting to have him turn to him but when he did, Elijah was faced with a skull that had no skin, there was no time for a proper stun because it felt as if Elijah's face was set on blazing fire and he went down on his knees screaming with the invisible flames that he tried to put out with his hands.

The now faceless man spewed a few angry words, as if he was offended that Elijah was before him in agony until the screams were on his side and he was the one quite literally set on fire.

Elijah's pain eased up and he glanced up at the man wrapped in angry flames, the strongest odour of sulphur nauseated Elijah while this rather attractive girl stood before him, holding a torch in one hand and offering the other for him to take.

"Are you an angel who fights demons?" he asked slowly taking her hand.

The girl tilted her head letting the black hair trapped inside of a ponytail dangle to the side, then she burst into laughter, it echoed loudly inside of an empty church. "I'm Faith, your brother Kol called me for help? I'm a hunter."

Elijah stroked his features as if he was making sure that they were immaculate. "A hunter of what?"

She was amused by the way he seemed in fright of her answer. "Anything supernatural that my twisted mind allows me to see..." she paused curious. "How were you able to see a demon? They are like ghosts to all mentally sane brains."

Elijah looked down on the stairs of the small altar, the burnt priest was reduced to ashes now. "I was recently bitten by a werewolf so maybe.... I'm hallucinating?" he turned to the girl and lifted one eyebrow.