A day in the life of Caroline Forbes

Chapter 12: A day in the life of Caroline Forbes
"You eat a lot..." Klaus was actually surprised.

Caroline looked at the fried specialty in her hand. "This is just a little after dinner snack."

He laughed because Caroline already tried half the menu back at the restaurant. "I wouldn't have guessed it but it was a nice surprise."

"That I eat so much..." she threw the rest of her food into the nearest garbage bin afraid that she was ending their night with a damaged image. "... or was dinner the real surprise?"

Klaus had a big smile and looked up from the sidewalk. "You are a wonderful company Caroline."

"So I didn't bore you with my endless questions about the Renascence?"

"The questions were very critical and incisive, you knew exactly what to ask." he replied with a serious expression.

"And you answered with plenty gory details about all the famous deaths that happened during that time." she grunted loudly.

"Did you like my accuracy?" he teased her because he was terribly amused with all the repulsed faces she pulled throughout dinner, so much that half way through the night he started adding gruesome details to everything just so he could see her adorably groan and beg him to stop.

"It's a night that I will never forget." she pressed her chest with a fake emotional face.

"I know I won't." he said with a genuine smile and stopping in front of the iron gate of her house. "And now I'm returning the lady back home, unharmed and safe."

She slowly opened the gate. "And at dawn, my classes start in two hours or so."

"I will leave you to have some rest then before you go conquer the world with all your questions." he gracefully bowed his head with a delectable dimpled smile. "I on the other hand can't afford the rest, I have a very eventful day ahead of me."

"There is no rest for the wicked." she closed the gate but lingered there, stretching her long night with him just a tiny bit more. "Are you really going to look for a way to bring Kol back?"

"I'm fairly certain that I will trap him inside of a coffin as soon as he gets back but I'm doing everything under my reach to at least attempt to rescue him back to this side."

Caroline played with one of the iron spears of her gate. "Why?" she asked him quietly and as if the tiny word was as powerful as him.

"Perhaps one day I'll tell you about the goriest death of them all, the one who has plagued me for so many centuries."

Caroline gripped the iron cursing that it was now standing between them as she caught a small glistening sparkle in his blue eyes before he walked away.

Caroline woke with Klausy lying on a pillow and looking at her with his head resting on the tiny paws, she stretched her arms with a loud sound. "Is it time already to get up Klausy?"

The dog raised his head watching her as she sat on the bed checking the watch.

"I should not be going out on a school night." she pouted unhappy that she only managed to sleep for an hour.

Klausy rested his head back on the pillow and kept his black eyes on her.

"Don't look at me like that, nothing happened. It was just dinner with a lot of food and really good wine." she reached for her phone grimacing at once. "Yeah... like that's going to happen." she mumbled, immediately deleting Damon's message demanding that she returned his numerous missed calls.