Out of the dark

When Landon touched the dead werewolf he constricted his eyebrows concerned.

"The other two are dead as well, they didn't survive the transition." Oz informed Landon.

The pack leader stood up looking at his most trusted man. "Do you think that Serge lied to us?"

Oz denied it with his head. "He had no reason for it, he distinctly said that Hayley was a descendant from his tribe and that they knew about it."

Landon looked towards the van where they were keeping Hayley. "Do you know where Serge is at the moment?"

"He was away hunting when Klaus paid his clan a visit to kill them all and he has been hiding ever since, it won't be easy to find him."

"Try it anyway, he might want to help if he knows that we are going after Klaus. Oh, and Oz? Let Klaus know that we have Hayley as well, I want to see how important the baby and the girl are to him."

Oz nodded once and left towards his car while Landon came to the van, he opened the back of it exposing a weak Hayley who fumed at him with her furious stare.

"So the baby heals you but somehow the blood is not working on my wolves, they are all dying." Landon held the door with a squint. "What am I missing?"

"He is moody like his mother." Hayley made an effort to smile and rubbed her belly that thankfully stopped hurting.

"You came to New Orleans looking for your family and for the story behind your birth mark..." Landon expected the puzzled look on her face. "I started a file on you as soon as you called me from Klaus' phone and apparently I know more about your family than you do."

"Apparently everyone does and I'm tired of it." she angrily said.

"The thing Princess, is that you descend from the Halo tribes, the ones before us that turned freely and when they pleased and whose power was greater whenever there was a halo phenomenon. One day the witches woke up moody and decided to take that supremacy away and every werewolf was cursed to stay dormant until they killed someone. Thanks to the liberties your clan took here in Louisiana we all lost our privilege to shift at will and the painless aspect of it all."

Hayley's mind frantically worked. "So you thought that because I'm carrying the hybrid's baby that was your chance to work around the curse and shift at will."

"Look at that, there's a brain that works after all." Landon mused. "A baby from a girl who comes from the original lines and from a hybrid who can turn as he pleases? It's what everyone thought, I just got here first. Many will want that baby's blood but since I'm already on it I'd like to succeed so if we are done with the family download, I'd like to get back to where I was before... why isn't the baby blood working?"

"Maybe you need the doppelgänger's blood... I heard that Katherine is still in town." Hayley shifted attention somewhere else for an instant.

Landon chuckled. "Promising but by making you pregnant Klaus broke that curse altogether... the way you heal... that's because the baby is a hybrid and you know that."

"I don't know anything." she said between clenched teeth.

"Then it's time for more blood." Landon coldly said.

Hayley shot from where she was in a jolt and tried to push him away so that she could escape, she screamed desperate to get away but the big man easily tossed her back inside the van.

"I'm sorry for the rough treatment Princess but I'm running out of time." he turned to a few of his men. "Take the blood but don't turn anyone else, we are missing something here and I need to find out what." he sighed before leaving. "And please gag her, the constant screaming is annoying."