Cold trail

"Are you entirely certain?" Elijah was still digesting a powerful shock.

Klaus nodded. "The witch said that she would take my heart and I was staring at Caroline just now unable to feel a thing, there was not love nor sympathy but there wasn't dislike for her either, just this vacant sensation because I know what I'm supposed to be feeling... just that I'm unable to."

"Whatever this is, there has to be a way to go around it." Elijah was quick to step into that role of supporter and pillar that Klaus needed.

With a simple nod Klaus started to walk with his brother but the girl clasping her hands and covering her mouth stopped them from going far, the blood that Caroline was carrying before she heard the talk was now on the floor and she stared at Klaus in disbelief.

Klaus looked at Elijah, the later silently did what was expected and went away in order to give the couple some privacy but instead of answering Caroline or even looking at her, Klaus appeared eager to leave the house as well.

"How bad is this?" she almost regretted the question as soon as it came out loud because she could barely recognize the way that he was looking at her.

"I've been cursed by Genevieve, she hexed me to stop feeling..." he kept his eyes on her but Lord help him because he never felt so disconnected to her as he did right this instant.

The novelty was harsh on Caroline as well and she saw it right on those features that were never before today hard or truly callous to her, throughout everything between them there had always existed a connection between them, sometimes feeble and about to break and other times stronger than steel but it still was there all along, until today.

Klaus lowered his eyes from hers and went around her so that he could leave.

"Wait!" she pulled his arm and quickly took his face into her hands. "What happens to us now?" He took her soft touch away with a detached reaction that quavered her very foundations.

"Elijah is waiting for me, I have to go Caroline."

The simplicity again shook her to her core, there was something looming about his tone and she battled a few stinging tears as he left her standing alone on the hallway.

"This is beyond creepy." Bonnie said with a low pace while she gave a small spin around the master bedroom.

"There are groupies and then..." Kol moved the big bed exposing a red circle on the floor, inside of it was a Norse name written in the same red substance. "... there are groupies."

Bonnie gave him a dubious look. "If that's Klaus' name, I might freak out."

"Will there be yelling and shrieking?" he defiantly smiled. "You can hide in my protective arms if so."

"I'm serious." Though she hardly came across as such because she was smiling.

"That's his name and I'm not only assuming that's blood, I'm also ready to further make this journey haunting." he told her very confidant of what he was about to find inside of the closet.

Bonnie lowered her shoulders and came near him with a mopping expression. "How come every witch we encounter is an expert in dark rituals and really sinister stuff? I thought levitating feathers from a pillow was really cool." she deeply grumbled as she gazed into a skilled shrine made with bones, blood and a necklace that she guessed belonged to Klaus.

Kol held back a loud laughter. "Pillow feathers?"

She bumped her shoulder against his. "Don't make fun of me, my Grams used to go on and on about our family going all the way back to Salem and I never believed her until I made fire out of water."