Who you love

Chapter 20: Who you love
"I wasn't expecting Microbiology to be so interesting..." Bonnie said as they reached the hectic hallway.

Caroline beamed happy that Bonnie was enjoying her first day at college so much. "I love how easy-going everyone is around here and the teachers make everything sound so appealing and easy, even the tiny things." Abruptly Caroline lifted her hand in the air. "But don't be fooled because the exams are as hard as they come."

"I'm still processing that you kept me a reserved seat in every single auditorium." Bonnie brushed her short hair still getting used to the new look.

Caroline snapped the fashion statement that she was wearing today, the dark blue suspenders that she was wearing over the white classic blouse was making a few heads turn and she was very aware of that. "It's a college rule, if you seat in the same chair for two straight weeks, it becomes your chair!" she smiled at a few girls who were obviously taking hints from her look. "And I needed a seat for my bag." she shrugged with a giggle.

"You really believed that you would see me again." Bonnie stated emotional but not fully oblivious to the sparkles of the old Caroline returning, as well as the new one blossoming before her eyes.

"Once I heard that Klaus had a plan, I knew that we would bring you back."

All that confidence that oozed from Caroline was a sight to see and Bonnie smiled knowing that it wasn't a shield, she was actually stronger and secure and Bonnie had no doubt that the new man in Caroline's life was responsible for a big part of it.

"Thank you Caroline." she said convinced that words were just that and that she would never be able to fully thank them for giving her life again.

Caroline hugged Bonnie trying to downplay the big moment. "I'm just really happy that you're here with me."

Bonnie disguised a small tear leaving her right eye and smiled like she rarely did, with happiness. "So... what do you do after school here in New Orleans?"

Caroline tilted her head with a big smile that only scared Bonnie, the witch narrowed her eyes troubled and it didn't get all that better when Rebekah showed up.

"Are you done burning brain cells for today? Stefan is waiting in the car." Rebekah asked carefree.

"Bonnie wants to know what we do after school." Caroline launched a complicity look towards Rebekah.

"Maybe not anymore..." Bonnie held on to her books anxious.

Rebekah and Caroline laughed and she was stuck in the middle of the two blondes as each laced an arm around her shoulders.

She looked to her right and then to her left. "Where are you taking me?"

"Well Rebekah is taking you and I'm meeting you both later. Professor Samson wants to see me... I think I was busted and he found out about my little compelling stunt during that big test with the other teacher."

Bonnie looked intrigued enough but Caroline sent her away with Rebekah.

"Go have fun!" she searched for a key inside of her pocket that she handed Bonnie. "In case things get too crazy and you want to go home."

"Okay..." Bonnie whispered taking the key.

"Don't leave her out of your sight!" Caroline ferociously warned Rebekah.

The Original took Bonnie away with a sly smile and Caroline hesitated with a big sigh but she really had to know why her teacher wanted to talk to her.

Caroline rushed up the stairs and down the long hallway until she reached the office, she only knocked once but she could tell by the silence that no one was inside and slowly she opened the door.