Alone

Chapter 3: Alone
Bonnie went by the well scanning the woods surrounding her with a very long deep breath. "I know that you are here..." she shouted into the quiet surroundings. "... somewhere..." she whispered next.

"Hello little witch."

The voice came from behind her and she turned to the man resting against the well. "Kol..." she breathed out gathering the courage to properly address the smirking Original.

Caroline carried the last box to her car, she was about to close the trunk when the blue convertible came into sight, she closed the trunk loudly, of course that Elena was going with Damon.

"Morning blondie." Damon sneered from the wheel.

Caroline smiled with a big painful motion. "If we leave now, we can have lunch at that really cool place that I told you about..." she looked at Elena.

The brunette pushed her sunglasses up visibly struggling to remember what Caroline was talking about.

"Actually I'm taking her away to a really nice small Bed and Breakfast in the next town before I deliver her into adulthood." Damon joked.

Elena rolled her eyes without meaning it, she was too enchanted with everything Damon did or said, Caroline was certain that if Damon asked her to start drinking from humans, she would briskly jump into it without much thought.

"I will be at the dorm tonight." Elena smiled sweetly at Caroline.

The blonde nodded a bit, resigning to the change of plans. "Do you want me to take any of your things with me?" she glanced to the back seat frowning because there was only one single duffle bag there.

"I burned everything that I owned..." Elena pulled her lips together tight.

"Really?" Caroline tilted her head. "Didn't you take all of your new sexy clothes when you decided to move in to the Boarding House and into Damon's bed? You only set fire to the house after you broke Stefan's heart." she added a very acid smile for the couple eyeing her upset.

"I might be a little late... don't wait up for me." Elena pushed the sunglasses down while Damon drove away after piercing Caroline with his baby-blue eyes.

Caroline felt the awful taste of her world about to crumble but she wasn't going to forfeit now, she still had one more stop before she left town.

"How may I be of service, young lady in distress?" Kol asked with a mocking smile.

"I must be out of my mind for doing this..." she mumbled.

He chuckled leaning against the well, his hands were inside of the cool brown jacket. "You're dead, if this isn't the right time to lose your mind, I don't know when..." he moved his hands inside of the pockets, opening his jacket with the move.

"When you were alive, you tried to warn us about Silas..." she started slowly.

He shrugged. "But you all knew what you were doing. Remarkable end to a foolish odyssey, I must admit." he laughed quietly. "Not only Silas gained a body, the cure didn't save the golden girl and ended up on a better version of her. But my personal favorite twist of events was your ironic death, if you wanted so badly to die you should have allowed me to kill you back at the Gymnasium. It would have made me a lot happier."

"Our deaths had a purpose." she fiercely stated.

"Lose the righteous attitude Bennett, there's no one left to impress."

She shook her head appalled. "I never did anything in my life to look good in the picture, all I did was protect my friends and I held that veil long enough to save Jeremy because he didn't deserve to die. So don't pretend that you have a clue of who I am and the motives behind the actions that led to my death." she ended with a very serious expression.