Malefic, you say?

Chapter 31: Malefic, you say?

"I'm in the lab, your card worked and so far I only had to compel the sweet lady who works in the administration office because she caught me sneaking around the empty hallways."

Stefan sounded busy by the background sounds that were reaching her from the other side of the line and Caroline smiled while typing a few words into her laptop. "Miss Jennings has a lot of cats and they don't let her sleep at all so she gets up really early, she's literally the first person to arrive at the university. But don't worry Stefan, she won't be a problem."

"I'm processing the blood right now."

Caroline checked the time on her phone resting it back over the dashboard. "You have close to an hour until the science group arrives for their study routine, they take over the lab like they own it." she lifted one hand annoyed. "I once had to raise my voice at them so that they would let me finish a conduct experiment."

"How do you live with yourself after that?" Stefan teased her with a chuckle at the end.

She pursed her lips keen on ignoring him. "If you need help compel my Biology Professor, he is a prodigy and most likely the smartest man in all the university and that's why you'll have to work your way around the ugly necklace that he wears, it has vervain inside of the cross pendant."

"And you know this because it's wonderfully random but somewhat public domain..."

She rolled her eyes towards her dashboard. "I'm an overachiever, I know the name and hobbies of all my teachers and I know by name everyone who works in the administration office, the library and even the cute guy who sells sandwiches at the bar. He listens to Metallica all day." she smugly added.

"When Elena told me that you had a full report about me within the first hours of my debutant day at high school, I thought that it was all a myth."

She pleasantly smiled. "I also planned a June wedding and I had everything up to my wedding dress already envisioned by lunch time."

"Sometimes you scare me Caroline..." he paused briefly. "Are you on speaker?"

"Yes I am and Klaus is right here." she turned her head to the driver's seat. "Choose wisely your next words." she giggled happily.

"Klaus?"

"You can't marry her." he said assertive as he turned the wheel guiding the car to another crossroad.

"I volunteer to be the flower girl at your wedding then." Stefan calmly said from his side.

"Will you be choosing those? I rather have you come down the aisle carrying Damon's head instead of orchids."

"I think that he has been on a vervain diet for weeks now because he is not saying a word about his sudden interest in Amara."

"Or why he knew about a cure and the Augustine thing." Caroline reminded them as she swiftly went through the pictures that she uploaded earlier to her laptop.

"Would it tarnish our friendship greatly if I gave Elijah a call and hurried Damon's tongue to loosen up by inflicting a little persuasion?" Klaus asked hopeful.

"He is my brother, therefore he is my mess and I would like to deal with him myself."

Caroline looked at Klaus because it sounded like Stefan was asking Klaus for permission and that was definitely striking to witness.

"You have 5 hours Ripper, then I'm making a call." Klaus warned him serious.

Stefan's sigh could be heard loudly before he ended the call. "I'll call when I have news."