Memory Loss

SSoH POV

Last night was a ball.

In mid kiss, Eddie had fainted and hit his head hard on a handle. I stared at him in shock for half a minute, processing what had just happened. I shook Sly's shoulder, trying to wake him, but he was cold out. Pulling him over my shoulder, I rushed upstairs to his room. I was panicking so much, I almost dropped him in the hallway.

"Shit, shit, shit." I mumbled under my breath while placing him on his bed, adjusting his head on a pillow.

Moving my ear to his mouth, the sound of breathing escaped his lips and I sighed in relief.

God damnit, Sly. I confess my feelings and you black out.

I sat at his bedside for the whole night, afraid to leave him alone. I eventually ended up falling asleep on the floor, curled up into a ball. Sleep wasn't good, though. Although my eyes were closed, my mind focused on the slow yet steady breathing coming from Sly.

So now, it was about 5:30 in the morning. The sun just began peeking over the oak trees that surrounded the house. Rays of light beamed through window, for last night I opened the blinds to let the moon light shine into the room.

Birds were chirping outside. I felt a sudden movement from the bed. Eddie must have been rolling around

"Mama, no, por favor." I heard a desperate whisper come from above me.

I sat up, peering over the orange comforter. Sly had a pained expression, and I realized he was having a nightmare. Rushing to his side, I grabbed his forearm and shook him frantically.

He can't wake up screaming- it'll disturb everyone. Maybe it'll attract something too...

"Eddie... Eddie, wake up." I said quietly into his ear.

He slapped me arm aside. "Suéltame hijo de puta," Sly whispered a bit louder. Tears began streaming from the corner of his eyes.

Fuck. What is he dreaming about? I thought. What is he even saying?

I shook him with more force, and he awoke with a sudden, loud gasp. His eyes were wide, and he looked around in a panic.

I gently placed my hand on his shoulder, and his gaze traveled to me. His eyes immediately softened, and he tried slowing his down his breathing.

"What happened?" Eddie asked, furrowing his brow while lifting his hand to scratch his head.

"You had a bad dream..." I said, removing my hand from his shoulder.

He sighed. "No, last night."

My eyes widened as my heart shattered. "You don't... remember?"

Eddie rubbed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I don't remember half of what happened yesterday. I think Steven brought me up here, and I was going to take a nap..." He eyes darted to the window, and he sat up slowly. "Didn't I close those blinds?"

My stomach churned, and I began to feel sick. "You really did hit your head hard." I said, staring at his new bruise. I used all of my might to not kiss him right then and there in attempt to jog his memory.

"When did I-" He put pressure on his new wound and flinched. "Ow."

"Woah, don't do that." I said, pulling his hand away.

Eddie stared at me with a confused expression. He was obviously lost in this whole situation. "Did anything important happen?"

I hesitated, wondering if I should tell him everything. "No."