Chapter 6 - Friend or Foe

My head snapped into the direction of the voice, Bonni slid off of me and on to the bench. I stood up, my fists curled into balls and my cheeks flared a fiery red.

"Who goes there?" I shout, hiding my fear and embarrassment.

Out of the shadows stepped a larger lady, with a dark coffee skin tone that matched her wide glossy eyes. She was strange looking, almost cat like.

I felt uncomfortable as Bonni glared at her in utter shock, all the girl did was smile.

"Cake!" Bonnibel rushed over to her, wrapping her arms around.

"Hey, gurl, watch the weave," Cake pouted, I stood there awkwardly "who's this?" she then pointed a long, pink, painted nail towards me.

"She's Marceline, the one I was telling you about." Bon said finally dropping her arms and walking back over to me.

Cake chuckled, then she started circling around me, looking at me.

"Not bad, Bonno." She pointed at me again but I slapped her finger away from me.

"Hey lady, you're looking at the best!" I scowled at her before moving back a few steps.

"Yeah, maybe the best from 2004." Cake snapped her fingers.

"I'm more of a 1500s kid, thanks." I closed my eyes and looked away from her, crossing my arms.

"Honey, I could tell by all those grey hairs coming through." Cake mirrored my actions.

Then I lost it.

I could feel my bones click and my face grow into a large snout as my whole body transformed into a monster, my clothes were tightly stretched around my new form, thick black fur sprouted through my pores and sharp canine teeth burst through my gums.

I lunged across the attic with my claws, targeting her neck with my jaws, I was almost upon her, drool and froth flowing out of my mouth.

And then Bonnie jumped in the way, causing me to land heavily on top of her, she winced but looked at me, sorrow in her blue orbs.

"Marceline, please stop this."

I was still yapping at Cake who was now terrified, clung against the wall.

Bonni buried her face deep within my furry neck, I could tell she was crying, she always hated to see me in monster form, she said I was too sweet and gentle to be in this mask.

I looked at her and closed my massive jaws. She looked up at me and pecked my wolf like nose gently with her bubblegum lips. I immediately melted back into my normal vampire form.

It was silent for a minute.

"Ha! Gaaaay!" Marshall Lee yelled, poking his head through the attic door.

You're fridging kidding me.