Chapter 28 - Lock Down

A|N - I have decided to end this bubbline story at chapter 30. Just thought I'd tell you before hand.

☆☆☆

When the sun rose, so did Bonnie. She had spent all morning in the garden picking strawberries before she sat next to me with a cold glass of lemonade.

"Gross, you're all sweaty." I joked as I nudged her.

"Do you wanna smell my armpit?" She laughed lifting up her arm.

"You're an animal." I said wrapping around her before she put her arm pit in my face.

"You know what, Marcy?" She looked at me seriously.

"What is it, m'lady?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I want to spend every morning like this for the rest of my life." Bonnibel looked directly into my eyes and I couldn't help but fidget.

"Well, yeah, I mean, me too." I awkwardly glanced at her.

"Marceline, I think it's been obvious over the past few years that we really love each other, like, really love each other," She held my hand in hers "and I need to tell you something."

My mind exploded with a thousand possible scenarios how this conversation was to go.

"Alright," I blinked.

"So I'm not really how old you think I am." She stated, that's it she just finished there.

"What? Oh my glob, are you younger or older?" I panicked, I was also confused at how she was in my grade at high school.

"Look, a few centuries ago my father wanted to protect me from anything, he was a very talented scientist that only intended the best for his little girl," a memory flickered across her eyes and a tear followed "so, he gave me this injection. So I could survive any circumstances, this was back when the war started and he didn't want me getting infected. I'm immortal, Marcy. I'm approximately 700 years old."

I stood up, I stuttered, I stumbled back down next to her. I couldn't get my words out, so many thoughts were trying to escape at the same time.

"I'm 721, I'm immortal, how have I not met you before this century?" I questioned, but I wasn't sure if she could answer.

"I didn't think it would matter, I didn't think I'd completely fall in love with you," She leant over and pecked my quivering lips "I've realised I want to spend eternaty with you."

"...Like, get married?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing, was I awake?

"Well, yeah," Bonnibel nodded slowly "or whatever."

"I-I know it's clear we should be together but aren't we rushing? We can't just forgive each other for the things we did."

"Darling, we have all the time in the world to forgive each other. I want you now, to be mine," She got up and walked over to doorway "do you want any strawberries?"

"I want you, too."