Chapter 24 - 3 in 24 hours

I made it to the porch until she caught up with me. She grabbed me by the wrist and weakly tried to stop me from flying off but she clung to my arm tight.

"Marceline Abadeer! I want some explaining right now!" She barked as I turned around.

"What do you want me to tell you?" I snapped in her face, my one fang biting my bottom lip in anger.

"When did you sleep with her? When we were together?" She squeezed her eyes shut and a rain drop fell on her nose, it then continued to pat down on the roofless, wooden porch.

"We were never together," I snapped my arm out of her grasp "were we, PB?" I rubbed the red mark around my wrist where she had clung to me.

"Yes, we were," she looked at the ground, "we are, aren't we?" Her eye flicked up to mine, her long eyelash baring a rain drop or perhaps a tear.

"Not when you call me Marshall we're not, or at least you don't want us to be!" I yelled and turned to walk again but she had my sleeve.

"It was an accident, I swear, Marcy, I feel really bad about it."

"Yeah well you should do." I said without turning around, my hair clinging to my face from the damp.

"Come sit with me for 2 minutes and then you can still leave if you want to." She begged as she sat down, literally just dropping to the floor and crossing her legs.

I slowly sat down and turned around to face her, I couldn't even feel the cold wind that hit against us, making her arms flare into a field of goosebumps.

I sighed as I unzipped my jacket and threw it at her, she gratefully wrapped it around her shoulders and smiled slightly.

"So," she paused "I've been thinking."

"When?" I said sharply.

"The past 15 minutes." She clapped her hands together. I figured we had been sat in silence for quite a while now.

"Go on." I pryed while yet another rain drop sprinted across my face.

"We should just be friends." She so simply stated.

"Geez," I thought for a second "I'm sorry I wasn't good enough."

"No, no, Marcy, it's not that. I just think it's less complicated. I mean friendships can still have benefits, can't they?" She shrugged looking up at the dark, grey rain cloud above my head.

"Y-yeah," I looked down at my tattered shoes "I mean, I guess."

"Groovy, well I'll see you tomorrow." She patted my leg, smiled and pushed herself up. I watched her all the way down the path before my eyes fell into my palms.

"Oh, if there is a glob, give me a sign. Just any sign that there's hope." I preyed with my back hunched and water hit my back gently.

I guess I was glad I didn't get cold - hold on that bitch left with my jacket as well as my heart - because I could enjoy sitting in the pouring rain without discomfort, it was depressing but that's what I liked about it.

So, I sat, I thought, I laid, I sighed. I was just generally feeling sorry for myself when I hear a small, girly cough interrupt my thought train.

"H-hello."

I ignored it, I had been hearing Bonnie's voice spinning around in my head from the moment she left.

"Marmalade?" I heard. What a dumb fucking name, I cringed as I pushed myself on to my elbows. I looked up.

So it wasn't Bonnibel it was Fionna, stood there in a white blouse that was unbuttoned to half way, it had been soaked through and the rain drops were still sliding off her short blue skirt.

"Who the fuck is Marmalade?" I growled, her school girl outfit wouldn't work on me, I don't take anyone calling me marmalade.

"You, silly." She winked as she sat on my lap facing me, her skirt rolled up around her thighs and she was pressing against my soaking wet denim jeans.

"Oh, yeah, of course." I gulped, nodding, okay so maybe her school girl outfit worked on me a little bit. I'd agree to anything she could possibly asked me to do right now.

"Look, baby, I need you to do something for me, since you like, clearly like me." She was getting too smug for her character to say I barely knew her, I mean I wasn't exactly easy.

"Anything for you." I grinned as her hands slipped around my neck. She began talking but my brain had some how put her on mute as my eyes examined her body and my mind imagined the unimaginable.

"...yeah?" Fionna blew a bubble with the strawberry bubblegum she was always chewing.

"Sure, whatever." I looked at her.

"I'm so glad you're finally my official girlfriend!" She squealed before pressing her lips against mine hard.

Is this my sign from Glob? If so then I think he's gotten it all wrong, I didn't sign up for this!