Chapter 11 - Hurt

"I'm so so sorry, Bonnibel." I looked at her, she was just shaking, her bottom lip curled up slightly as she fought back cries.

"What for?" She croaked and walked closer to me, she stood in front of me and raised her palm to my cheek, wiping a loose tear away with her thumb. "You have nothing to be sorry for, darling. " she said and then left.

I tried calling her for days, hours I spent just waiting by the phone in hope to hear it ring. My heart was breaking more and more, because I had finally realised that after all this time I was completely head over heels in love with Bonnibel Bubblegum.

Not having her in my life was tearing me apart, I couldn't make it through the day without sleeping it away.

I tried sending her letters, explaining that I had no idea of Fionna's emotions, I told her I missed her and really needed her back but I never got a reply or a phone call, not even to just let me know she was alright.

When I eventually got back to school, it was torture. I was paranoid about people finding about Finn but even more paranoid in the fact I had nobody.

I slowly slumped up to the library alone, I couldn't face any lessons, and then I collapsed on to the padded chairs next to Jake.

"Hey, Marcy, have you seen Finn anywhere? He's not gone to our tree house in days." He asked, placing a comic book down on his lap.

"No, isn't he with Marshall?" I covered up the fact his corpse was decaying behind my house.

"Like he'd get the chance!" Jake laughed and picked his comic back up.

"What do you mean?" I didn't really care but it was my first proper conversation in weeks.

"Well everyone can see him and Bonnie being all over each other, it's kinda cute actually, I figured she would have said something to you since she's your best friend and all," he flicked through the pages of Batman "you should probably check it out, they're in the loft now.".

I immediately pushed myself up off the chairs and flew up through the tiles. It was dark so I remained hidden in the shadows.

A ray of light illuminated an old gym bench, and more importantly the love of my life along with one of my sworn enemies. They were sat close, pushing each other playfully and laughing. Then, they gave each other 'the look' and began leaning in towards each other. I didn't hesitate to search the wall quickly for a stone or something.

They were a few centimetres away from kissing when I threw a brick with all my might towards Marshall's head.

"Gaaaay!" I yelled at them, as he did on the beach. However, the difference was that my throw completely missed and I flew away straight after with angry tears flowing down my face. 

I landed next to Jake yet again, he looked at me confused yet he still sympathetically passed me a joint underneath his book.

I gratefully thanked him and left the library. Opposite the library was a field that stretched far over the horizon, it seemed sad that such a beautiful view had to be blocked with a school and everything in it.

I sat on the grass, sparked the joint and pulled out my phone.

To : Bonnie
Me or him?

I knew she wouldn't reply but I had to know. I waited about 25 minutes before my phone buzzed in my jean pocket.

From : Bonnie
I need to think about my happiness right now, and it's painful losing my best friend but I have to choose him. He's been there for me. Sorry, Marceline x

As soon as I read it I understood the term heart break. It feels as though your heart splits into two, however, you can only have one half.