Chapter 27 - Alone Together

The next day I woke up feeling very strange, I felt as even though I had made peace with Marshall and Fionna was now no longer a problem, I was still missing something in my life.

It became to occur to me that I was alone, I had woken up on a new autumn morning and I had nobody to share it with.

"I'm cool," I said to myself "I can hang out with me for just one day, right?"

Wrong.

My date with I started by getting rid of a body, that's after I had breakfast, and then for the rest of the morning I sat in my pajamas watching Netflix.

Humans think that vampires are always out killing people and suckling their blood or even frickin' sparkling. But newsflash, we like Netflix and food and sleeping as much as you do. Or, at least, I do. This was a life, not the life but a life. I had infinite time to waste, so why not have a few centuries to relax.

So, there I was, stuffing my face with cream puffs and watching Friends, when I felt a weight next to me on the sofa.

"I love this episode." I saw Bonnie smile at the corner of my eye.

"What the hell, man? Did you even knock?" I groaned, wiping red from around my mouth.

"Yeah, you might have not heard me because you were singing the theme tune too loud." Bonnie giggled and I blushed, I should probably see a doctor about that since I don't have a blood flow.

"Shut up..." I nudged her slightly with my shoulder while clicking the off button on the remote.

It was so weird, so normal. It was like we were back at the beginning, in the girls bathroom at our high school. I was so young, so innocent. Over the past few years I've done a lot of growing up, it usually takes me hundreds and hundreds of years, but this time I feel complete, like I know who I am.

"Hello." She said, she just smiled.

"Hey," I blinked "how are you?"

Bonnie looked up in thought, it was only for a moment, but when I looked into them same blue eyes I saw for the first time all those years ago, I saw the stars. I saw the sky and the moon and the light mist of night. I saw planets and galaxies and life.

"I'm good, how are you?" She simply spoke.

"I'm cool," I laughed, but also kinda mesmerised "You're cool."

We spent the next few hours just laughing, and playing video games (despite her refusal), and watching soap operas (despite my refusal).

It was nice, you know? We joked around and just did what normal people do, we didn't even kill anybody. It got pretty late and we had a little to drink and smoke, so I didn't like the idea of her walking home.

"Why don't you spend the night? I'll take the couch if you want me to, but I promise I won't perv on you." I said it like I was joking but I was serious.

"Hmm," She pouted and pulled out a ribbon "Yeah, if you promise not to perv." Bonnibel laughed as she tied her hair up with a little purple bow.

The clock turned to midnight as I flicked through the channels, nothing good was on the television so I eventually switched it off. Time for bed.

Bonnie was curled up in fluffy socks on our sofa, snuggling her face into a cushion. As she snored silently, her back raised and fell with every breath she took and her neck pulsed.

She was alive and I believe once again, so was I.

☆☆☆

A|N
Drop a comment if you liked this chapter so I know I'm not wasting my time, thanks