Chapter 14 - Coma Chameleon

It was 3 years until I woke up, apparently. I couldn't believe it. When I first opened my eyes I was greeted to the unwelcoming sound of silence.

I guess after 3 years they assumed I was dead. But, nope, I'm immortal remember.

I don't know why but I expected somebody to be waiting for me, somebody to show they cared but I guess that's unfair of me.

I leant over in my hospital bed and pressed the buzzer to call for the nurse. When she arrived she seemed shocked when I looked back at her.

"You're finally awake." She stated in her purple scrubs.

"I'm.." my voice croaked and I couldn't make out any words.

"Hey, hey, rest. I'll grab you something to eat while I go call a couple of your friends. I'm sure they'll be glad to hear you're okay." The crowsfeet on the corner of her eyes buried deep as she warmly smiled.

Friends? That's supposed to be a singular.

She came back with a bowl of cereal and placed it on a mini table that hovered above my body. I just stared blankly at it. She expected me to eat this? Did she not see my fangs?

I tried to move my arm, it was a little stiff but I managed to snap it to my mouth and feel for my fangs. Turns out I lost one in the accident. A vampire with one fang? Wow, just my luck.

Once the nurse left the room she came back to the door several minutes later.

"They're on their way now, do you have any questions?" She poked her head around the door.

I asked her how long I had been there and what had happened. I asked her what happened to the driver and where was Bobbi.

My energy was drained from all the stress, so I rested my eyes for what felt about 2 minutes.

"Marceline?" She whispered, nudging my hand gently, "Marcelineeee, wakey, wakey, blood and bacon-y."

I opened my eyes quickly, I had waited oh so long to see Bonnibel again. But when I opened my eyes sat next to me was Emily.

"Hey there, you scared me you know? You're awfully silly not watching the road." Emily sighed.

"I'm sorry," I wheezed out "where's Bobbi?"

"He visited you when you first came to the hospital but after that...glob knows." Her eyes were full of overflowing sorrow.

"And where's Bonnie?" I asked.

"I hope you don't mind but I got put in charge of looking after your house and everything, they said I was the closest person you had," she paused "you were in a coma for 3 years, Marcy, I read your diary, I didn't want my image of you to die and now I know everything."

I inhaled in...and out, in...and out.

"You did what?" I shut my eyes tight then opened them and looked deep into her brown eyes.

"Look, when Bonnibel chose him, she really meant it. But aren't you glad she's happy? And now I can help you get back on your feet." She ran her fingers through her red locks.

"Thank you for everything you've done, it's a lot to process though, but would you mind giving me a few minutes to think?" I lifted the corners of my lips.

"Sure, I'll go get you something red to build up your strength." And then she left.

The two people who I built my life around had left me, I slipped up with my education and I missed three years of my life. Wow. I really did need something to give me strength.

I pulled out the drips and all the tubes that were stuck to me and chucked my legs off the side of the mattress.

I stood up and headed towards the door, right as I did so Emily walked right into me with a bowl of strawberries and cream.

"I am so sorry," I winced as I looked at the mess that had been tipped all over Emily's shirt. "In fact, no I'm not." I smirked as I pressed her up against the hospital wall, cream dripping between our bodies, I smashed my lips into hers and slid my arm around her neck, pulling her closer to me.

That's it, I couldn't resist it any longer. I kissed down her cheek onto her neck before piercing it with one sharp tooth. She screamed as I drained the blood, but I got too carried away with the amount of health and strength I was gaining from it.

It's a good job that it was a hospital.