The Final Chapter

I woke up to the sound of dead tree branches clawing at my window, I listened closer and could hear the wind whistle warily. The cold of the breeze made me pull up my cover over my head and I buried my nose into my pillow. My pointed ears began twitching and the light hairs on the back of my neck raised quickly. Was this the feeling of somebody watching me?

This was when I heard the weeping, I realised it wasn't somebody watching me, it was my body sensing danger. I yanked the cover from over my head and listened even closer. The wind, which was barely noticeable before, started banging hard on the glass, enough for it to blow the window open and cause the curtains to flare up grabbing for me, I panicked and flew up to my ceiling, pressing my back into it so I could see what was happening below.

I looked to the bed, Bonnie wasn't there, I flicked my eyes to the baby crib, Ezma wasn't there, either. The sobbing came back, only louder this time. I jolted out of the room and ran as fast as I could to the front room.

There I saw Bonnie hunched over shaking from the crying, her throat sounded dry and that's when I noticed her holding Ezma in her arms. Had something happened to Ezma!?

I moved so fast I didn't know what I was doing, my eyes were focused on my daughter and my heart throbbed for her. I scooped her off of Bonnie and sat on the floor with Ezma in my lap. I looked at her and she was giggling and she was breathing and she was fine.

"What happened?" I asked Bonnie still searching Ezma for some kind of problem to cause this.

"I don't know..." A voice replied. The voice was not Bonnibel though, it sounded old and weak.

I looked up and there was an old lady.

 I blinked.

 Her body exploded with cries, tears flooded her face and soaked her long, white hair. The woman had her legs curled under her and her face in her hands. She struggled for breath and coughed and choked on her sobs, her wrinkled, bony fingers shook.

"It's me, Marcy..." The old lady whispered. "Look at me!"

My heart sank, it felt like it dropped into my stomach. I observed her quickly. Her hair had grown white but pink had faded at the bottom. Her blue eyes were the same as they were when we were 700. I could even smell the sweetness of strawberries.

I placed Ezma down next to me on the couch and knelt on the ground in front of Bonnie. I held her while she cried and cried. I cried, too, and she held me. 

After a couple of hours we had managed to start thinking again. I pecked her on her cold lips and she did the half smile, you know like the cute lob-sided grin? I would recognise it anywhere. I got up and grabbed Ezma, and then I watched Bonnie try to scramble up off the ground. I put Ezma back down and helped Bonnibel up. She thanked me and we walked over to the table. I pulled the chair out for her and we both sat down.

Bonnie didn't say anything, the storm outside had faded and Ezma had fallen to sleep. There was silence.

"Why do you think this has happened?" I looked at Bonnie.

"I guess my dad was wrong," her bottom lip wobbled. "I'm not immortal."

This was when everything since I had woken up hit me, my wife was no longer ageing at the same pace as me, and the worst thing was, hers was just increasing rapidly.

That night we had curled up in front of the fire with hot chocolate, me, Bonnie and Ezma. We forgot about our troubles for that night. Although Bonnibel had shrunk and grown wrinkly, she was still beautiful.

"You're still gorgeous." I smiled, nudging my shoulder on hers in front of the flames.

"No, I'm not." She shuddered, looking at her frail hands.

"You are." I kissed her on the forehead and we all fell asleep wrapped up in a blanket on the floor while the sky was still red.

______________________

I heard the light snoring of Ezma during the night, I watched in the light of the fire as her tummy lifted and fell. I smiled and drifted back off. Then, my ears started to twitch again. I wasted no time and jumped up. I looked at Ezma and she was fine. I turned the other way and looked at Bonnie next to me.

Her eye sockets were sunk into the back of her head, her once blue eyes had faded grey and her skin gripped tight to her bones. Bonnie was breathing - very lightly, I could just hear the faint whispers as she tried to speak.

"Hey, hey, don't cry, baby, I'm here," I stroked her hair behind her ear repetitively, tears welling up in my eyes, my throat felt as though it had been sewn shut. "You have nothing to worry about, beautiful, I'm right next to you."

"Marcel..." she inhaled as much as she could "l-line." she whispered out.

I held her delicate hand in mine, it felt like glass, I was fragile with her as I gave her a gentle squeeze with my hand but she weakly groaned in pain.

"Don't worry, I'm here, Ezma is there, look," I pointed to Ezma and smiled but my lip trembled and red patches were gathering around my eyes. "She's right there waiting for her mommy to go play with her, you have to be okay, I love you, Bonnibel, so much," my voice cracked "I'm right here." I repeated leaning over her.

Her body looked as though it was eating itself, her skin clung to her skull, bones and her lips chapped. I stood up.

"I'm going to go get help, I'll be right back, I love you, I'll be two seconds!" And I ran out of the room, screeching for help at the top of my lungs, I screamed and kicked at the ground and pulled at my hair.

"Please! Help me! My wife is in trouble! Please, anyone!" I bawled.

I looked around and there was nobody, I was surrounded by darkness. I ran forward trying to escape it but my feet weren't going anywhere. I thought about Bonnie and straight away flew back to our house.

Ezma was screaming and Bonnie laid there silently. 

I walked over, slowly.

Bonnie wasn't moving, she wasn't blinking, her stomach wasn't rising. 

I dived over to her and curled up next to her, cuddling against her for warmth and comfort. Instead she had become a cold, stiff skeleton. I closed her eyes and clung to her. I brushed her dry hair behind her ear gently.

"You're still beautiful," I held her in my arms and rocked her back and forth. I kissed her on the forehead, "You're gorgeous."

______________________

Marceline eventually went mad, she spent years sat in front of that fireplace scribbling down on pieces of paper. She would rock back and forth all day and night writing, after Bonnibel Bubblegum's unexpected death. Ezma was learning to grow up, she had reached the human age of seven, but it had happened over hundreds of years. For all these years, Ezma had a lot of questions. 

But instead of asking questions, one day she sat on her mother's knee in front of the dim fire, she turned to Marceline and said

 "Mommy said she loves you too, I remember." Ezma smiled proudly. "Is the story you were working on finished yet?" 

"Don't, Ezma! And yeah it is actually." Marceline nodded, her eyes bulged with insanity. 

"Read it to me, Mommy." Ezma begged, curling up between Marceline's feet. Marceline smiled and grabbed one of the notes she had wrote.

"It's called 'Adventure Time - The Adventures of Finn and Jake',"

_____________________

Author's Note - 

The End, thanks for reading, if you like my writing I'm currently working on another girl x girl story so be sure to follow me for updates :)

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 10, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Fifty Shades of Red  ~An adventure time fanfiction~ Completed जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें