Chapter 32

I must have dozed off because I woke up to Optimus and Wheeljack driving beside Smokescreen and I with Slug in his triceratops form running beside Grimlock. The two scraplet packs were no where to be seen.

"Glad you could join us." Smokescreen noted as I sat up in the back seat. "Optimus just joined us also."

Moments earlier, Swoop's P.O.V
I left Grimlock behind and walked towards the incoming Scraplets. I transformed and got ready.

"This is my last stand," I thought. "This is when I become one with the All spark."

The scraplets came at me and I blew fire, melting them as they came. It didn't mind if I died, all I had to do was buy Grimlock, Lora and Smokescreen some time.

My wings beat hard, sending waves of strong wind that pushed the scraplets back into my fire. But even that wasn't enough. They kept coming, waves upon waves of them. They soon started to collect on my metal armour. I panicked and started to thrash in the air, trying to shake them lose, but it didn't work. The scraplets kept on coming. When all hope seemed to be lost, I heard the hum of a motor. It sounded like Smokescreen.

"Please don't let Grimlock be stupid enough to come back," I muttered as I felt energon run down various wounds on my body.

Optimus, Wheeljack and Slug came out of a fork in the tunnel and went the direction that Grimlock went. They didn't see me lying on the ground.

The scraplets, seeing fresh prey, turned and followed, leaving me to bleed out.

"No stay on me. Leave them alone," I thought frantically.

The blackness came and gathered me and I was sure my time had come to become one with the All spark.

Outside the tunnel
The four transformers had finally removed most of the debris blocking the tunnel and entered it. As they walked, Ultra Magnus had his guns out along with Arcee and Bumblebee. Scorn had drawn his whip. They walked down the tunnel not finding anything, but continued on looking for their missing comrades.

Lora's P.O.V.
We had seemed to have lost the scraplets so we stopped and took a quick break from running away.

"Megatron undoubtedly set this trap. The tunnel entrance was not blocked when we came in. I even made sure it was sturdy so that we wouldn't get stuck in hear," Wheeljack muttered.

"And, we are so far underground that the we can't get a com signal," Smokescreen added.

"So we just hope that back at base they realized this and sent help?" I asked.

"Pretty much," Smokescreen sighed.

"Great," I muttered.

"Let's keep on moving," Optimus ordered. He transformed and everyone followed his lead and we continued on.

"Smokescreen," I started.

"Yeah," The Autobot symbol on the steering wheel lit up blue as he spoke.

"Do you think we'll ever get out of here?" He was silent for a few moments.

"You only have to believe," was all he said. I decided to take that answer as a yes.

The scraplets were still gone for the moment and we wanted to stay ahead of them so we continued moving.

"We need to make a trap," I muttered to myself.

"Pardon?" Smokescreen asked me.

"We need to make a trap," I repeated, louder this time.

"What do you have in mind?" Optimus asked over the com. A smile grew on my face.

"Well..."

•••••••••••••••
Meanwhile
Ultra Magnus, Bumblebee, Scorn, and Arcee were deep in the tunnel when they saw a huge form lying on the ground, in a small puddle of Energon. They all were in their car/Dino modes and transformed back into their bot form to investigate.

"Swoop!" Scorn exclaimed as he ran over to his fallen comrade. "He's still alive."

"We need to get him back to Ratchet," Ultra Magnus said.

"I'll take him. Bumblebee, come," Scorn commanded. Bumblebee looked at Ultra Magnus for guidance. He just nodded his head, telling Bumblebee that it was okay.

The scout ran over to help Scorn move the fallen warrior. They picked Swoop up and started going back to the entrance.

"Arcee, with me," Ultra Magnus said. "Let's find out what happened here." They both pulled out their weapons and continued looking for their comrades.

••••••••••••••
Lora's P.O.V.
The trap was set, all we had to do now was wait for our pursuers to show up. There had been a few stray Scraplets, groups of ten or twenty that we would shoot down, but not set the trap off for them. We were waiting for the whole pack to turn up.

"Where are they?" I muttered, never looking away from the entrance.

"Patience," Smokescreen said. "I'm hoping that they don't show up at all."

"Why?"

"Means there all gone."

"Makes sense."

"Yep."

"They're probably not all gone though," I said after a moment.

"Probably, I'm just trying to stay optimistic here. Your ruining my moment," he scolded playfully.

"Sorry, but I'm being realistic."

"Optimism is better."

"But realistic is more...." I searched for a good word.

"Real?" Smokescreen offered.

I open my mouth to answer but was cut off by Grimlock.

"They're coming," He said. Not as soon as the words left his mouth a loud whirling sound was heard. They were flying straight for us. Their big blue eyes eyed us and their beady teeth were shown in a threatening manner.

"Come on a little bit more," I muttered. They were almost where I needed them. 

"Now!" I yelled. Wheeljack, pressed the button for the grenade and we all started to run. But instead of going deeper in the tunnel, we turned and went back, passing the scraplets, and fled. They turned and followed us.

The grenade went off, and the energon around it too. The cavern shuddered as a huge blue cloud followed us a bit of the way then dissipated. My ears where left ringing for a few seconds after the explosion. Gradually, they stopped, and the sounds of the world became clear once more. The Autobot went to investigate the damage and I stood by and watched, hopeful that my plan worked. And it did, all the scraplets where dead.

•••••••••••••••
Meanwhile
An explosion shook the cavern, rocks and dust falling from the ceiling.

"What was that?" Arcee asked concerned, looking to the second in command of the Autobots.

"I don't know," Ultra Magnus responded looking around for an incoming threat. They continued on, but were very cautious. Arcee and Ultra Magnus turned a corner and in front of them was their comrades, backs facing them.

•••••••••••••••
Lora's P.O.V.
"Are any of you seriously injured?" A voice asked. We all spun around to see Arcee and Ultra Magnus standing there.

"No," Optimus replied.

"Did you find Swoop," I asked hopefully.

"Lora, when someone gets attacked by scraplets, in the end, there is nothing left," Smokescreen quietly told me.

"Yes, Scorn and Bumblebee brought him to Ratchet," Arcee said.

I couldn't help the glee that erupted in my chest. I was overjoyed that we had been found, including Swoop.

"Let's get back to base," Ultra Magnus suggested, looking at our various scraps and bruises.

We all nodded with agreement. I was done with scraplets and had seen enough to last me a few life times.