Chapter 19

I walked around the base but no one was around. The computer screens were fuzzy and blinking in and out. Black and white lines danced across to screen in seemingly no pattern. I called out to everyone, but no one responded back. Then I saw Jack walk out of the shadows that framed the base.

"Jack!" I exclaimed while I ran over to him "Where is everyone?"

"Gone," he answered bluntly.

"Gone? What do you mean gone?" I asked, panic rising in my voice. He looked at me and ignored my question. He then disappeared and a huge shadow, in the shape of a transformer, took his place. I backed up in shock and couldn't help but stare at the new figure.

The shadow's left hand reached down towards me. I scrambled away, but appeared to be going nowhere. I fell on my back as the transformer's hand snatched me from the ground. I tried to wiggle from the shadow's grasp, squirming and panicking in his grasp. I finally got free and plummeted to the ground, my arms flailing around as tried to grab at the air, hoping to grab it and stop my downfall.

I shot up from the couch startled and gasping for breath. I looked around the base, it was almost dark, except for the soft glow coming from the computers, where Ratchet was working. I tried to remember what had happened last night. Then it came back to me. Jack, Miko, Raf and myself were watching TV. I fell asleep and they all must have went home while I slept. I got up off of the couch and went to go and see what Ratchet was doing, not wanting to go back to sleep. I was scared that the nightmare would return and replay itself.

"What are doing?" I asked him.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" Ratchet asked me. 

"Nightmare," I shrugged.

"Oh," was all he had to say. I stood there for a bit, in the awkward silence. "You should really go to bed," Ratchet repeated after a few seconds.

"I know, but I'm not tired," I insisted. He looked up from his screen and looked at me with a questioning look on his face.

"Fine," I threw my hands up in the air in defeat. "I'll go to bed," I sighed. I walked off the platform and the yawned loudly.

"Told you you needed to sleep," Ratchet scoffed.

"Don't, just don't," I yawned once more. Out of the corner of my eye, I though I saw Ratchet smile. Maybe he was finally warming up to me, just maybe.

When morning finally came about, I rolled out of my bed and dragged myself into the shower.

Ratchet had been right, I really needed my sleep. The nightmare didn't return as I had feared it would. After a nice hot and refreshing shower, I walked out of my room and down the hall, towards the main area. When I emerged, I saw Smokescreen and Ratchet, that was it. Smokescreen turned around and saw me.

"Hey, I was just about to go pick up Jack for Arcee, she is on a Energon hunt with Bee. Want to come?" he asked.

"Why not," I shrugged. Smokescreen transformed and I hopped in as we sped out of the base.

"You look tired," Smokescreen noted.

"Yeah, I had a nightmare."

"Oh, want to talk about it?"

"Sorry not really," I mumbled. I dislike telling others about my dreams, to me, they seem like a personal thing.