Chapter 9

As we walked through the long and winding tunnel, I was starting to seriously regret following Miko.

"It's starting to get really dark in here," Raf said nervously. Jack pulled out his phone and turned on the flashlight. We continued walking, not passing a word between us.

"Guys, look," I pointed ahead of us."The tunnel. It just... stops."

"Odd, if there is a tunnel, this long, it had to have some purpose, right?"Jack asked as we all stopped at the wall, looking at it with curiosity and confusion.

"It's not caved in, the end is smooth, maybe it's another secret door at the end," Raf commented. He ran his hands over the wall, most likely looking for a bump, hole or seam on the wall. I bent down and started to help him.

My hands gently ran over the wall. I then found a bump and when I hit it, the wall hissed just like the entrance door and swung inward. All of jumped back, me mostly falling backwards in shock.

I stood up as soon as the door stopped moving, dusting myself off of the dust I had grabbed in my mad panic while scrambling back. With wide eye, I looked around the new area.

It had white walls and a tall roof, which was clearly tall enough for the bots to stand straight up, plus some extra room. It was set up exactly like the Autobot's base, minus the couch, computers, and the Autobot's technology.

"What is this place?" I wondered as I spun around, looking at the small room. "It almost looks like a small storage room."

"This is so cool!" Miko exclaimed happily. "We found a secret room that the bots probably don't even know about!"

•••••••••••••••

Earlier, Smokescreen's P.O.V

I walked around the main room, bored. That's when all the kids came back with June from the store. Lora was decorating her room.

"Smokescreen, would you mind helping me move my bed and desk? There to heavy for me to move." Lora asked, while running up to me. I looked down to her.

"Sure, give me a couple minutes though," I said, happy that she had come to me for help.

"Thanks." A bright smile was on her face as she turned and walked down the hall. That single smile warmed me up, and caused me to smile too. It was so nice to see here happy.

"Hey, Ratchet, can I go help Lora or do you need my help?" I asked, walking over to him after Lora had left down the hall.

"Yes. Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Wheeljack just gained control of a Energon mine. They require help moving it." Ratchet said.

"Where is Optimus and Ultra Magnus?"

"On patrol. Now go," he said as he opened a ground bridge, leaving no room for argument. I turned and walked through.

•••••••••••••••

After moving a ton of Energon into the storeroom, I was finally able to help Lora. Happily, I walked into Lora's room.

"What?" No one was there, but that wasn't what shocked me. One of the walls was open, making a new tunnel that lead to somewhere. "I am so scrapped." I muttered. Without hesitation, I turned and ran back to the other bots.

"Guys, you need to see this!" I exclaimed.

"Why, what is it?" Bulkhead asked.

"It just better if I show you." I turned and ran back to the room, not checking to see if anyone was following me. I jogged into the room and looked behind me, everyone had come except for Ratchet. Typical.

"What in the Allspark is that?" Wheeljack asked, instantly spotting the open tunnel.

"I don't know but I'm following it," Arcee said "If the kids were taken, we need to find them. One of you tell Ratchet about this. He needs to know," Arcee commanded. She crouched down and started to follow the tunnel. All I could do was watch, and I didn't like it, not one bit.

•••••••••••••••

Lora's P.O.V
"What was this place? Was this an add on to the original structure?" I wondered as I looked around. A sudden sound in the tunnel startled me.

"Guys, something is coming," I said quietly, getting everyone's attention at once.

"There's a door, should we follow it?" Miko whispered.

"Definitely," Jack said.

We all sprinted towards the large door. With a bit of grunting and pushing, the great door opened. Rushing through, we pushed it shut behind us.

Tired from moving the metal door, I turned and slid to the ground.

"Wow, this is crazy," Miko said, looking at the new area that we were in. "It's almost like a mirror image of the Autobot's base." I had to agree with her.

In the new area that we had walked into, everything looked the exact same as the Autobot's base. The only thing that was missing was the giant computer screens that Ratchet would always be looking at, the ground bridge, couch, and human computers. Pushing myself off of the ground, I walked around, following Miko, Raf and Jack as we explored the new area.

The room appeared to be smaller by a little bit and the hallway with all the relics was nonexistent. In addition, the Autobot symbol that was normally on the floor wasn't there, making the floor look unnaturally empty.

"This is so weird. It's like being in another dimension or something," I said.

"What is this place?" Jack asked no one in particular.

"I don't know," I said, my voice confused and awed.

"You know how something was coming down the tunnel?" Raf asked, making all of turn to him at the sound of his worried voice. "Well, it's now in that room."

"Great," I muttered as I walked over to Raf, Miko and Jack, getting ready for a fight, even though I was the only one that might be able to do anything.

There was banging on the wall before the door and wall came off. All of us ducked as it flew across the room. I covered my head, and found myself shielding everyone else.

A tall figure came in, startling me from my shock. I jumped to my feet and stood in front of everyone to protect them. The tenseness in my body left as I saw who stood in front of us. Blasters out and in a fighting stance stood Arcee, looking for any danger. Finally, her blue eyes looked down at us. She straighten up and looked down at us with a disappointed expression on her face.

"Seriously?" She said, hands on her hips.

"What?" Miko asked.

"I thought you guys were in danger. You need to tell someone where you're going," Arcee scolded.

"Well, Miko went down that tunnel, and we weren't going to let her go by herself," Jack said.

"You guys didn't have to follow me in the first place," Miko threw back at Jack.

"Guys, enough!" I yelled, catching everyone off guard. Normally I would just stay quiet but all the arguing really ticked me off. I hate people yelling, especially after all those fights that I had with Derek. Yelling set me off. I could feel a headache coming on from all the loud noise.

"Ratchet, ground bridge please. I've found the kids," Arcee said. At her demand, a ground bridge opened and all four of us were herded through by Arcee.

For some reason, I felt like we were going to be getting an earful when we got back. Smokescreen was not going to be happy.