Chapter 7

When we got back to base, Ratchet obsessed over me, clearing thinking I was hurt in some way, shape or form.

"I told you Ratchet, I'm fine, just tired," I told him for the fifth time. "A blue bubble formed around me and protected me from the flames," I continued. He grumbled something and walked over to Smokescreen and checked him up. I stood up and a wave of dizziness hit me. I stumbled and grabbed onto the medical bed for support. After it passed, I looked around, no bot had seen me stumble, they were to busy getting the story of what happened from Smokescreen and Bumblebee.

"You okay?" Raf asked from beside me.

"Yeah, just dizzy," I replied while shaking my head. We walked up to the couch and sat down.

"How do you think the Predacon found us?" He asked.

"You mean the dragon, right?"

"Yeah, they're called Predacons, they went extinct on Cybertron a long time ago. Then Shockwave, the Decepticon's mad scientist, found a way to recreate them, using the remains of the fallen Predacons, also known as CNA, in order to create an army of them."

"What is CNA?" I asked

"It's the Transformer's equivalent of our DNA," he clarified.

"Oh." was all I could say. Raf and I fell into silence. I took the time to replay the scene in my head.

"How did the Predacon find us? Why was it only interested in me? It didn't touch Raf, but why did it hurt the bots?" There were so many questions swimming around my head and more coming every minute.

"Hey, kid, you okay?" asked Wheeljack.

"Yeah, just thinking about what happened today."

"Well, spit it out," he said. Wheeljack crossed his arms and looked at me with a expecting look. I sighed and began.

"Why did it only come after me? It hurt Smokescreen and Bee but left Raf alone. How did it find us? Why did it not finish the bots off?" I took a second to breath.

"Woah, slow down. First off, we don't know why it was interested in you but we think it has something to do with that." He pointed to my amulet. "Second, Predacons have excellent tracking skills. My theory is that it was only there for you," he continued.

"Okay, but you still didn't answer my question, how did it know where I was?"

"Well, you were held captive on the war ship, correct?" I nodded my head.

"Then your scent were on the chains, so the Deceptions probably gave the chains to the Predacon and let it hunt you down," he explained.

"Won't it find me here," I asked, scared.

"No, because we ground bridged you back. Unlike the drive from school, he just followed your scent to where you were and found all of you there." His explanation calmed me a little bit but I was still scared.

"Thanks," I said as I yawned and stretched my arms over my head. "Sorry, I'm going to have a nap. I'm beat tired," I apologized as I walked down the stairs and towards the medical bed. Wheeljack didn't appear to mind, but gave me a quick smile as I walked away.

"Let me check that ankle first," Ratchet commanded. I groaned and sat down on the bed, ready for Ratchet to check.

"Stop complaining," Ratchet grumbled as his holoform appeared in front of me. He unwrapped my ankle and it looked healed to me. "The swellings gone down," he said to no one in particular. "You're good to go," he said.

"Does that I mean I can sleep in my room?" I asked hopefully. I was tired of Ratchet watching me; he was way too over protective about his patients, and the medical bed was starting to get very uncomfortable to sleep on.

"Yes," Ratchet replied. I pumped my fists. "But, at the first sign it's not healing properly, your back here," he commanded. I sighed and looked down. "Deal?"

"Deal" I replied back glumly.

He turned and his holoform disappeared with a sigh. I got up and walked to my room. When I got there, the first thing I did was flop on the bed. The mattress was way thicker and much comfier then the medical bed. I looked around at my bare, white room.

"You okay?" A voice asked. I jumped in surprise and sat up in a rush to see Jack standing in the doorway. "Sorry to startle you," he apologized.

"It's okay," I assured  him.

"So this is going to be your room?" He asked while scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah, pretty bare, but I like it," I replied.

"I can help you with that," he said.

"You can?"

"Yep. I talked to my mom about what happened, and she offered to help you with anything you need."

"Really, you guys would do that?" I asked shocked, "Why would they do that?"

"She felt sorry for what you had been through," Jack said, as if he read my mind.

"Thanks!"I said while running over to hug him. It took him a second to hug back. I stepped back and looked at him. My cheeks were hot and he scratched the back of his head. He always does that when he's nervous. Then we both burst out laughing.

•••••••••••••••••

After Jack, Miko, and Raf left for the night, Optimus came into my room to talk to me using his holoform.

"Do you remember anything about the attack that might help us understand it more?" He asked, his voice as deep and powerful as ever. His holoform was a young man with short brown hair, a military outfit and a strong build. Even thought his face was human, I could see Optimus in the way he walked, his posture and the way he held himself.

"Well I remember the fire blast coming at me and going around me. I could feel the heat on my face and hear the crackling of the fire around me but I felt nothing touch me. After it cleared I saw the Predacon leaving and you guys. After it left I felt tired, but before, I was wide awake and alert," I told the Prime. His holoform looked like he was deep in thought.

"What are you thinking?" I asked him after a moment.

"I believe that the only way the amulet can maintain its shield is to feed off of your strength and energy. The longer it stays up, the more tired and weak you grow," he concluded. I thought for a moment.

That would make sense, and explain why I felt tired and weaker. I looked up and went to say something, but the Prime was gone. I shook my head.

"Holoforms, always so quiet," I thought, but then I remembered that they coud disappear with out making a sound.

I climbed into my bed, hoping for a peaceful sleep with no nightmares, but the night had different plans for me. Instead of the peaceful sleep that I had wanted, I received a restless sleep with unnerving dreams, finally waking in cold sweat.

After a few moments laying wide awake, I decided that sleep was totally overrated. With nothing better to do, I got out of bed and stared to rearrange my room as I liked it, as quietly as I could. I didn't want to wake the bots, though I doubt I could wake them with Bulkhead snoring as loud as he was. I don't think I could be heard over his snoring at all.