Chapter 3

I laid there on the cold, hard table, bored out of my mind with nothing to distract me but my ankle, which was throbbing with pain. I stared up at the ceiling and drummed my fingers against the table. All of a sudden there was a commotion outside the door, waking me up from my pain and misery.

"I'm in here, please help me, please!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I didn't know if it was a good commotion, such as rescuers, but I was still hoping that someone would come to free me from the Decepticons. I started to struggle against my bonds in attempt to make as much noise as I possibly could, given my current predicament. I stopped suddenly when my ankle started to protest. I hissed in pain and gritted my teeth. Maybe someone would hear me and save me, just maybe.

Just then a white, some blue, and a little bit of red, robot phased through the far right wall with a purple Vehicon and disappeared through the other wall, without noticing me bound to the table.

"What, the...?" I asked in shock, even though no one could hear me or respond. Then at that very moment, the door burst open and a blue and red robot tore inside dodging red blaster fire as he did so. He had a gun where his left hand was supposed to be, a sword on his right, and also had a face mask covering, where I assumed, his mouth was. He spun on his heel and aimed his gun at a Vehicon, then shot a blue blast that hit the Vehicon square in the chest, killing it instantly. He quickly ducked behind the wall, avoiding red blasts that came at him. When he turned around, he saw me. His bright blue eyes widened with astonishment and surprise. If he just killed one of my captors, I decided that I could trust him.

He ran over to me and hit the same button that Megatron did. As he did so he said gently, "I'm not going to hurt you."

My bonds disappeared and I tried to stand temporally forgetting about my ankle: key word, tried. My wounded ankle gave away with no warning, causing me to cry out in both pain and shock as I slid down the table. The red and blue robot reacted with speed I didn't expect him to have and quickly caught me but jarred my ankle in the process. I cried out in pain once again.

He looked down at me lying in his hand with a kind and caring look, almost as if he was trying to reassure me without talking. It was surprisingly working and I could feel my heart beat slowing down. "I can trust him. He would have let me fall if he didn't care."

"Arcee!" He called. A blue and pink robot entered the room shooting. She quickly arrived beside the robot who was holding me.

"What is it Optimus?" She asked, without noticing me.

"Take her back to Ratchet, she is wounded. This is no place for a human," he said sternly. His voice was gentle but deep. He carefully handed me over to the one called Arcee. She held me in the crook of her elbow and turned her back to the fighting.

"Ratchet, we require a ground bridge. Prepare the med bay," Optimus said. A few seconds later, a blue and green swirling vortex opened up. Now, I wasn't so sure about this whole trust these guys thing.

"Autobots, fall back!" Optimus commanded. A yellow and black robot went first, followed by a green one. Arcee then ran through after them. I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the pain emitting from my ankle and shooting up my leg. I was also partly scared of what would happen when I went through the vortex and what it would feel like.

I opened my eyes and we were now in a rock walled base with a whole bunch of technology all around. The roof was really high up and the floor had a symbol on it that looked like a face. I was super dizzy and my ankle was hurting like nuts.

I saw Optimus enter from the vortex followed by the robot who went through the wall of the room I was rescued from. When I looked at him closer he had the same symbol that was on the floor on his chest but it was red and was smaller.