Chapter 11

Lora's P.O.V.
"What you found was a escape room. It was set up so the people running the missile silo could change the codes to stop whoever took the silo from launching a missile. It was never used and was said to be destroyed," Agent Fowler explained to everyone through the giant computer screen. I sat there and thought.

"Why would someone say it destroyed when it really wasn't. What would they have to gain?"

"Ready for this? The man who declared the decoy base destroyed was none other then... Leland Bishop," Optimus expression went on guard and the whole room fell silent.

"Oh," Jack said, shocked. I leaned over to Jack.
"Who?" I asked quietly, not understanding who the name belonged to and why the everyone instantly tensed up.

"Leland Bishop, or as we know him, Silas, is the leader of M.E.C.H, a group bent on getting the best technology and create a 'new world order'. We've run into them once or twice," Jack explained.

Jogging my memory, I remembered a piece of mail on Derek's kitchen table that said M.E.C.H.

"Were they trying to recruit him or is he already apart of M.E.C.H?" I wondered.

I didn't know the answer, but I decided that it would be best if I didn't tell anyone. Something down in my gut told me not to.

"Thank you Agent Fowler," Optimus said. Agent Fowler nodded then turned off the call.

One week later
"Ratchet, I found something!" Raf called out.  A few seconds later, a picture popped up on the big screen Ratchet was working on. "It looks like Lora's necklace," Raf continued.

"I agree," Ratchet said, looking closer.

"Do you think it could tell us more about my amulet?" I asked while standing up from the couch and placing the random magazine that I was looking at behind me as I did so. I walked over to the railing and looked closer at the picture Raf had found.

It was picture on a wall of ruins that belonged to a very old building, possible from ancient times. There was sand around the wall that held the drawing of the amulet and was quite old looking. It almost look like a hieroglyph, similar to the one the Egyptians drew.

"Possibly, it's worth a try," Ratchet shrugged.

"I agree, old friend. I think this would be too valuable of a chance not to checkout," Optimus agreed. "Smokescreen, you and Lora will go and investigate," He continued.

I pushed off from the railing and ran to down the metal stairs to meet Smokescreen.

"Good to go?" He asked, his classic smile on his face.

"Yep."

Ratchet opened up the ground bridge and Smokescreen and I walked through. We emerged in a dessert, in the cool morning.

"Great," I groaned, "Egypt."

"How do you know?" Smokescreen asked. I just pointed to the three pyramids in the distance, the pyramids of Giza. Realization dawned on his face.

"Oh," he said.

We just stood there for a bit, so I started to walk away in search of the ruins.

"Hey, where are you going?" Smokescreen asked as he jogged to catch up, which was literally two steps.

"To go find the ruins," I said casually. We continued walking, passing a few comments between us.

After a while later, I looked at my phone, and learned that we had been looking for the ruins for only half an hour.

"I think we are going the wrong way," Smokescreen commented, noticing the time.

"Probably," I changed direction and walked east, instead of north. Smokescreen made no objections, once neither one of us really had a clue of where we were supposed the be going.

"Why do you think the necklace chose me?" I asked suddenly.

"Huh?" Smokescreen looked over to me, clearly confused by my sudden question.

"Why do you think the necklace chose me?" I repeated.

"I don't know, it could be because you were the first person it made contact with," he shrugged.

"I don't know, I feel like it is more then just that," I thought out loud.

"Not much is know about it," he said. A few moments passed and we were silent again.

"I'm scared," I said.

"Why?" He turned to look at me, concern written all over his face.

"I'm scared that the Decepticons will find me again. They showed that they could find me with the Predacon. I'm just worried that they will hurt me until I give them the necklace." My voice quivered. He was quite for a moment.

"Did you know that when you were first captured, an energy burst came from your house and hit the Nemesis, disabling its shields and allowing us to find you?" He asked. I was quiet for a moment.

I had heard the story before, but the way Smokescreen said it he seemed worried and wanted to protect me from anything that might hurt me, both physically and emotionally.

"Even when the necklace is away from you, it will still protect you," he reassured. I felt a little bit better. "And I will never let the cons touch you, not while I'm around." I looked up at him.

"Thanks," I said. With a reassuring smile on his face, Smokescreen put his hand down and I climbed onto it. He brought it up to his shoulder and I climbed on, then we continued walking in silence.

"It's sure getting hot," Smokescreen said after and few minutes. "Maybe we should call it a day. Wouldn't want you getting roasted," he joked.

"I'm fine, not even sweating," I lied. I was really sweating lightly but no more then you would on a hot summer day. It wasn't that big of a deal.

"What's that?" I asked while pointing straight ahead.

"I don't know. I think it's the ruins," he said, his voice hopeful. Smokescreen picked up his pace a bit, turning into a jog. He stopped and I jumped onto his hand and slid off onto the ground.

"Whoa," I breathed. The ruins were really broken up and covered in sand but was still readable. It was way more covered in sand then in the picture that Raf had found.

I stepped over chunks of walls and pillars and started to dust it off with my hand. After a few minutes, with Smokescreen watching for signs of trouble, I cleaned off a good portion of the picture.

"Look" I commanded. My guardian turned around and looked at the picture.

The background was a light brown with a guy holding an amulet that looked exactly like mine. He held it over his head and his head was bowed. He was kneeling in front of something. Whatever he was kneeling in front of was gone, the piece of the picture was broken off and probably buried underneath the sand.

"What do you think it means?" I asked.

"I don't know, but what I do know is that Ratchet and Optimus will want a picture." Nodding my head in understanding, I pulled out my phone and took a picture of the ruin.

Smokescreen and I inspected the ruins further looking for the broken off piece. It didn't last long, and soon I heard and felt the wind pick up. At first, I ignored it, but then felt any of my exposed skin start to sting, mainly my arms. I turned and looked at where the wind was blowing from and saw a huge sand storm heading towards us.

"Uh, Smokescreen!" I yelled my voice quivering as I did so.

"Yeah," he turned to looked at me and his optics widen.

"Smokescreen to base, we require an emergency ground bridge. Hello, do you read me?" He yelled over the wind  "Scrap, the sand must be interfering with the coms. Can you phone base?" He asked. I took at my phone and saw no bars. I looked at him and shook my head. Then, the storm enveloped us.