Chapter 14

Light poured into a room from a single window up high. It was a single beam lighting up one object, nothing more. A huge pod of some sort sat in the single beam of light. I went to move towards it but my legs refused to move. My vision changed and I was looking down on it. Inside the pod was a small figure, not human. It was a transformer but was smaller then normal, about the size of Arcee.  I couldn't tell if it was an Autobot or Decepticon.

Its armor was silver, reflecting the light through the pod's window and back out.  It laid there, unmoving. I though it was dead but then all of a sudden, its green glowing eyes shot open and looked at me with an intense glare. I thought I wouldn't move as I stumbled back, but I did. My arms swung wildly in the air as I feel backwards into a black endless  chasm.

I woke in a rush and sat up quickly. I forced myself to breath slowly, making my frantic breathing calm down from its fast pace. After I had slowed my breathing down, I looked over to my nightstand and saw that it was 10:00 in the morning.

I climbed out of bed and changed into my comfiest clothes I had and walked out of my room to hear metal grinding against each other. I stuck close to the wall and followed the sound. I arrived at the room and peaked inside. There was Smokescreen and Arcee fighting each other and the rest of the team lining the walls, watching the fight. The only bot that wasn't there was Ratchet. I turned and jogged down the long hallway to the main room and found Ratchet working on the computer.

"Why are they fighting?" I asked worriedly.

"Their just training. Smokescreen feels like he needs to be a better fighter to protect you," he replied. I relaxed and sat down on the couch. After sitting there for a bit, I heard footsteps entering the room. I looked up and saw the team enter the room.

"How did it go?" Ratchet asked curiously.

"Let's just say that he has a lot to work on," Arcee said simply. She transformed and drove out of the base. Bumblebee and Bulkhead followed her. I looked at Smokescreen and he just shrugged and walked away.

I walked down the stairs and went to grab some breakfast. After having some cereal, I walked back into the main room and saw that the bots had returned and with them, Jack, Miko, and Raf. They were already on the couch. I jogged up the stairs.

"What we doing today?" I asked.

"I'm going to see if I can find anything else on the amulet," Raf answered.

"I'm going to destroy Miko in racing," Jack declared.

"Oh, really," Miko challenged. She snatched the controller and Jack grabbed the other one. They turned on the TV and started to race.

"Mind if I help?" I asked Raf.

Grimlock's P.O.V.
I struggled once more against my bonds, my fellow comrades did the same. I had managed to convince them not to lose hope. If there is no hope then all is lost and we would be willing to let the Deceptions control us.

I heard heavy footsteps coming down the hall. My comrades tensed. I expected to see Shockwave enter, but instead saw Megatron and Starscream walk in.

"Subject, your master has returned," Megatron sneered with a grin.

"I will never bow down to you," I growled, disgust thick in my voice. My comrades growled in agreement.

"We will see about that. Release him," Megatron commanded

"Are you sure my liege? He is a dangerous beast," Starscream worried. I smiled to myself, I was very dangerous, and I would make sure he knew that.

Megatron glared at Starscream. Starscream wilted a little under Megaton's gaze and did as he was told.

My bonds holding me up released and I landed on my back. I picked myself up off of the ground, and stood up to my full height. I was taller then Megatron but he still stood to my shoulder plate, he was tall for a transformer.

"You will fight me," Megatron declared. "Then you will bow down to me."

"With pleasure, but I will never bow down to you," I snarled in response.

"Hand him his weapon," Megatron commanded.

"Are you sure that's wise?" Starscream's voice quivered.

"Yes." Megatron's voice went deadly. "Don't doubt me, I know what I'm doing."

My mace was handed back to me. It was as tall as a me and had a nice weight to it. I weighed it in my hand and did some practice strokes. After I felt ready I got in a fighting stance.

Megatron pulled out his sword. We stood like that for a bit, me holding my mace and Megatron smiling that cruel smile of his. Then I charged.

I swung my mace at his head. He ducked, rolled to my right and went for my leg. My optics followed his every movement. He swung and I dropped the long handle of my mace and blocked it. I pulled the handle up and threw his servo up. As fast as lightning, I brought the but of my weapon and smacked the leader of the Decepticons in the stomach. He stumbled back and I spun around and swung my mace, skimming his chest. Sparks flew in its wake.

This seemed to anger him, his reaction just made me happier.

I twirled my mace in my hand as Megatron ran at me. I ducked down and rolled to the left as the leader of the Decepticons brought his sword down where I once was. I was up on my feet instantly and back into a ready stance.

An idea formed in my mind. I started backing Megatron up towards my comrades. We traded blows, none hitting the other. Then, I swung with all my might, at his head. I knew he was going to duck so my mace went towards the chains holding my comrades up. My second in command, Slug, got ready to fall but, my weapon bounced of the chain, not leaving a dent. I stumbled backward, shocked that it didn't work. Megatron started to laugh, and when he laughs, it is not a good thing. I backed away.

"You really think that I wouldn't have put precautions around the chains, I knew that you were going to try. It's your weakness!" He sneered as he stood up.

"That is where you are wrong, it not a weakness that I care for my comrades, it's a strength!" I yelled. I growled and charged. Megatron then swung his sword at my arm. I moved my arm back but it hit it, drawing Energon. I hissed in pain. My mace flew from my servo and clattered to the floor. I turned and saw a fist come to my face. I had no time to maneuver as I stumbled backward.

Megatron's leg swept the ground, wiping mine from underneath me. The next thing I knew, I was flat on my back with Megatron's sword at my throat.

"You will bow down to me, it's what the rules say," Megatron hissed in my audio receptor.

"You mistake me for a Predacon, they will bow down if their alpha gets beaten in battle, but I'm no Predacon, I'm a Dinobot and I will never bow down to the likes of you," I spat.

Megatron seemed taken back for a moment, so brief I thought that I had imagined it, but it had definitely been there. He growled and grabbed me, and chucked me back into my cage, where my restrains grabbed me again and I swung upside down, once again.

"I'll leave you to think about your decision," he snarled, mad. He picked up my mace and put it back and left the room.

"You okay?" Slug asked.

"Nothing that won't heal. You have no idea how satisfying that was," I smirked.