Chapter 28

"What else can the amulet do?" I wondered.

"I can't really tell you that, I don't know, even after all these years," Alpha Trion apologized. "But I can show you one of its abilities."

"Oh?" I questioned.

I sat up a little straighter in the hospital bed. Ratchet had told me that he wanted me to stay put and wanted to finish running what ever test he wanted to do. 

In response, I felt the amulet grow warm against my skin. My right arm started to tingle. It almost felt like it was asleep. The tingling stopped and I looked down at it, surprised. My wrist no longer felt broken.

"Ratchet," I called "Can you please scan my right arm."

"Why?" He asked, eyes were full of confusion.

"I was talking to Alpha Trion through my thoughts, and he showed me one of the amulet's powers. My right wrist started to tingle."

"Okay," he muttered under his breath, unsure. He scanned my arm like I asked, then observed the results.

"By the All spark!" Ratchet gasped.

"What? What is it?" I asked, praying it was as I hoped.

"Your wrist... it's no longer broken."

"How is that possible?" Grimlock asked as he walked up, overhearing the end of our conversation.

"The amulet," I responded simply. Everyone was silent.

"So you can just heal?" Raf asked.

"I guess so. Well, the amulet can, I can't."

"That's so cool!" Miko exclaimed.

"Wow," I thought.

"Cool right," Alpha Trion replied, clearly proud of himself.

"How does it work?"

"The amulet uses the Energon to mend the wound, in less complex words."

"That makes sense, sort of."

"Lora, did you hear what I said?" Smokescreen asked.

"Sorry no," I apologized, looking down. Smokescreen sighed, annoyed that he had to repeat himself.

"I asked if you did that or if it just happened on its own."

"As I told Ratchet just a few seconds ago, Alpha Trion showed me one of the amulet's powers and it happened to be the one that could heal my wounds. I had no control over it," I finished.

"Could you possibly heal one of us?" Ratchet questioned.

"I don't know," I shrugged. I mulled over his words, was it possible?

•••••••••••••

It has been exactly a week since I was rescued from the Decepticons and in that short period of time the Autobots had gotten to know the Dinobots better, and like wise. I was glad to see them talking friendlier toward one other. Smokescreen had also seemed to become more protective, if that was even possible. He seemed scared that I would get taken once more, but this didn't bother me. He always gave me space when I needed it but still kept a close eye on me.

As I sat on the couch and watched a conversation between Slug and Wheeljack. They were discussing different sword techniques, which I had to admit, sounded a wee bit intriguing.

"With the slit in my swords, I'm able to catch the opponents sword and flick it from their grasp, it's quite handy," Slug stated, his voice matter-of-fact.

"Yeah, but what if you need to deflect an oncoming shot, and it goes through the gap in the sword, hitting you," Wheeljack objected. "It could injure you quite badly."

"The slit is to small for it the fit through." Slug shot back.

"Energon signal just popped up," Ratchet called, interrupting the conversation.

"A mine?" Arcee asked, walking up to Ratchet. 

"Not sure," Ratchet replied. I looked at the computer screen just as the signal disappeared.
"Blast this earth technology," Ratchet cursed, smashing his hand against the keyboard.

"I think it might be wise to investigate. With more bots added to our team, we will require more Energon." Optimus said. "Wheeljack and Smokescreen with me. Grimlock, two of your best fighters and Lora, would you like to come along?"

"Me?" I questioned. Why would Optimus want me to go with them?

"If the amulet can sense Energon, we may need its help." The Prime explained.

"Sure," I shrugged. I hopped onto Smokescreen's outstretched hand as he brought it up to his shoulder, allowing me to clamber on.

"Slug and Swoop, let's go," Grimlock ordered. Ratchet opened the ground bridge and we all walked through, towards the Energon signal.

We arrived in a rocky terrain, with no signs of life.

"It's definitely a mine," Wheeljack grunted.

"And abandoned by the looks of it," I added. "There's no one guarding the entrance."

"We do not know what happened. It would be best if we processed with caution," Optimus said.
Everyone nodded.

I hopped off Smokescreen's hand as he set me on the ground. Grimlock was the first one to start climbing down the embankment, followed by Wheeljack, Slug, and Smokescreen. I started to climb down the embankment after my guardian. To the Autobots and Dinobots, the climb was a short one, not enough to jump down but not overly high, but to me it was huge. I watched my footing on the way down, not looking at the ground, in fear of falling.

I made it about halfway, before my foot slipped. My body swung and I slammed into the side, bruising my ribs. I desperately held on by one hand. I looked up to see Swoop coming down towards me.

"Hold on, I'm coming," he said, seeing what just happened.

"What do you think I'm doing?" I shot back, irritation in my voice due to the fear of falling. The rock started to loosen and my eyes widened.

"Hurry up," I muttered through gritted teeth. "I don't know how much longer I can—" It gave away stopping me in mid sentence.  I let loose a scream of terror. The bots below me looked up, preparing to catch me. Swoop propelled himself off of the rocky wall and transformed in mid air while grabbing me.

"Thanks," I gasped as he hovered in the air, holding me in one of his talons.

"You're welcome," He chuckled as he landed on the ground, one talon holding me and the other holding him up. He slowly let go and I moved so he could fully stand. Everyone was on the ground by then.

"You can't even climb down a rock wall without slipping," Smokescreen bugged, amusement in his eyes.

"I'm my defense, I couldn't find any good foot holes," I said. Smokescreen rolled his eyes playfully as we walked into the Energon mine.

Third Person P.O.V.
The small group was to far away from the tunnel's entrance to hear Megatron land and transform. He stood up slowly, laughing as he did so. The evil warlord brought his gun up and shot at the entrance, caving it in and preventing the Autobots and Dinobots from leaving the abandoned mine. Little did they know that this was his plan all along. A smug smile grew on his face.