Chapter 23

I snuck through the halls of the warship, sticking close to the walls and hiding every time a trooper walked by, heard footsteps or a strange sound echoed through the halls. I made slow progress, but I was still making progress.

Luckily, no one had spotted me yet. Every time I ran, pain would shoot up my arm. I wanted to stop running, but the farther away I got from my cell, the better. I had to push through the pain.

I stopped at a doorway and peaked around the corner. I spotted a cage, and inside it were the four huge dinobots hanging upside down. I gasped and quickly ducked back behind the door frame. My heart speed up along with my breathing.

"It's okay little one. We're not going to hurt you," I heard a deep voice chuckle. It was rough, but had a kind tone to it. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply before deciding to enter the room. I opened them and slowly peaked around the corner once more before stepped in. I held my wrist close to my body as I did so.

"As you can see, we are kinda prisoners. Are you that prisoner that made all of the cons run off and look for?" He asked. I just nodded my head in response, shyly. "Good job," the bot congratulated. "to make the Decepticons scramble like that is quite a feat."

"I might be able to help you with the prisoner part," I said. "If you can talk me through the process."

"Oh, so you can speak. Okay, see that computer screen up there?" He asked as he pointed his head towards the computer he was talking about. "Climb up there and hit the big button." I nodded my head in determination and understanding.

I walked up to the computer and observed what I had to climb. It would be harder without the use of my right hand, but I might be able to do it.

I leapt up as high as I could go and grabbed the cord coming from the back with my left hand. I let my right hand dangle and couldn't help but grind my teeth in pain. I swung my right foot up and was finally able to pull myself up.

"Are you injured?" A new Dinobot asked.

"My wrist is broken," I answered while slowly walking up the stiff cord. I finally got to the top, but was now on the backside. I stuck close to computer screen and shimmed to the keyboard.

"Which big button?" I called as I looked at the keyboard.

"The really big one, you can't miss it," I heard the first Dinobot answer. I looked around and didn't see it. Then at my feet, right where I wasn't looking, I saw the big button that they were talking about in the middle of the keyboard. I bunched my legs and jumped as hard as I could.

When I landed, I felt the button drop, and I lost my balance. I fell and, instinctively, stuck my right hand out to catch myself. My hand connected with the keyboard surface and I cried out in agony as it crumpled beneath me. 

I rolled onto my back as my wrist screamed in pain. I gritted my teeth and forced myself to stand. Slowly, I did so, and saw the Dinobot's restraints that were holding them come off. All of them fell to the ground. After they all got up, the first one walked over to me.

"Thank you human. What is your name?"

"Lora," I greeted.

"I am Grimlock, the leader of the Dinobots, this is Slug, my second in command," Grimlock pointed to the one to his right, who was raiding a closet. "This is Straf, also know as Swoop," he signaled to the Dinobot to his left with a cape like thing.

"Hey," he said. I realized he was the one who asked me if I was injured. "Thanks for the rescue,"

"Anytime," I responded.

"And, that is Scorn, my scout," he pointed to the one beside Swoop.

"What happened up there?" Swoop asked. "You sounded like you where in pain. Was it your wrist?"

"Yeah," I said. Ratchet was going to be so mad at me when I get back. "I lost my balance when I hit the button and landed wrong on my wrist."

Slug joined the group again, but with weapons in his hands. He handed a huge staff like mace to Grimlock, a whip to Scorn, and a crossbow and small sword for Swoop. All that was left for weapons was two swords, with a slot in the middle, making it look like two separate blades. Slug slid them into their sheaths and watched his leader for further instructions.

"What now?" I asked.

"Now," Grimlock said while putting his hand down for me to climb on. "We escape."

I climbed onto his hand and he set me on the ground. With that, they started to jog out of the room.

Any Decepticon that crossed our path was destroyed quickly. I ran to keep up, my wrist sending rushes of pain up my arm, but I ignored it and followed the Dinobots  very closely, not wanting to be left behind.

They took random twists and turns, meaning nothing to me, but probably get closer to the exit. Soon, we emerged outside.

It was dark and the stars shone brightly in the cloudless night. I looked around at the beautiful sky and almost forgot where I was. I shook myself out of the trance and ran over to the Dinobots.

I arrived at their side and spun around when I heard footsteps. What I saw made me groan in displeasure.

Many Decepticons were spilling out onto the deck. Megatron himself stood in the front of everyone.

"I see you made some friends," he smirked. My eyes narrowed "It's a shame you only have one flyer and four of you. One of you Dinobots will have to stay behind."

"Like that will stop us, I would rather die then be stuck on here," Grimlock roared back. I grinned in agreement. "Jump!" He commanded loudly.

"Wait, WHAT?!"I yelled, questioning what he just said.

I felt a hand grab me. Then, we were free falling through the night sky and towards the ground bellow with the other Dinobots following.