Chapter 25

I yawned, stretched, and rolled over, almost falling off Grimlock's shoulder. It was early morning and we were far enough away from civilization that I couldn't hear the traffic sounds. The only sounds I could hear was a robin singing in the tree tops above and a squirrel chattering angrily in the distance.

"Ah, your awake," Grimlock noted. "We have to keep moving. We don't want the Decepticons to find us. Guaranteed they are looking for us as we speak." He placed his hand up to his shoulder, indicating to get on. I walked onto his hand and he placed me on the ground. We started to walk.

My wrist did not give me a break from its pain this early in the day. It hurt like crazy and it swollen. It did all have slight bruising around the area. The healing process was going to be nasty.

I observed it as we were walking. While I did so, I wasn't watching where I was going and just about walked into Grimlock's foot. All he did was look down at me and smile slightly.

The familiar sound of a ground bridge starting up startled all of us into action. Grimlock stepped in front of me. "Protect Lora at all cost." His normally gentle voice changed to a commanding and serious one. The Dinobots surrounded me, weapons drawn and in defensive stances. Grimlock was the only one without his weapon in his hand.

I couldn't see who came through but I heard eight diffrent sets of footsteps, surround the Dinobots and me in the middle.

"Please let it not be the Decepticons."

"What do you want?" Grimlock growled as his hand went to his back and grabbed his mace. When Grimlock pulled his off of his back, it grew to its normal size.

"The girl," a familiar voice said, a growl clear with a threaten tone.

"Smokescreen?" I muttered. I walked towards the voice, leaving the safety of the Dinobots. "He's alive." I cheered in my head happily. Hope surged through me in a warm ripple.

"What are you doing?" Swoop whispered to me.

"I know these guys," I explained. I emerged and saw the whole Autobot team, including Ratchet, standing with their weapons drawn and in a fighting stance.

Ratchet was the first to notice me. "Lora," he breathed in relief.

"You will not harm her. If you want to, you're going to have to go through us," Grimlock said defiantly as he placed his foot in front of me.

"It's fine, I know these guys, they're the Autobots," I assured as I peaked around the giant foot, but no one heard me.

"We do not want to hurt Lora," I heard Optimus say.

"But we do want her back," Wheeljack growled. I saw him run up to Grimlock, swords drawn.

"Wheeljack no!" Optimus exclaimed.

Wheeljack jumped at Grimlock, but was intercepted by Slug, who also had his swords drawn. He tackled him in mid air and they hit the ground and rolled. Wheeljack got up, picked his swords up circled Slug. Slug swung his swords first and the battle was on.

Bulkhead, Arcee, Bumblebee, and Smokescreen all started to fire at the Dinobots. Grimlock swung his huge mace and deflected the incoming shots with ease. Scorn and Swoop followed his lead.

"STOP!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I didn't want anyone to get hurt from a stupid misunderstanding.

Surprisingly, everyone stopped, Slug in mid swing.

"Just stop, okay? Grimlock, these are the Autobots, like I told you last night," I explained.

"Why didn't you say something?" He asked kindly while he put his weapon away. Everyone else did the same, including Slug and Wheeljack, even though they didn't look happy about it.

"I did, but no one heard me," I walked over to the Autobots. "These are the Dinobots. They helped me escape," I assured.

"How do we know we can trust them?" Wheeljack asked suspiciously.

"Because they were prisoners like myself."

"Still, how do we know they aren't working for the Decepticons and are just playing along?"

"I may not be able to convince you other wise," Grimlock spoke up, stepping in front of the Dinobots and myself. "but I speak on behalf of my comrades. We all hate the Decepticons, due to all the trouble and pain they caused us. If we can, we would like to help you in this war."

I let them talk as I ran up to Smokescreen. I ignored the pain shooting up my arm. "What happened while I was gone?" I asked him. I was so happy to see him alive and well.

"Well, not a lot. Jack came back from his trip the day after you were captured when June and him got news of what happened. Agent Fowler was at the base often trying to help find you. The Decepticon activity was also at an ultimate low," he said. "I'm so glad your safe,"

I smiled happily. "How long was I gone for?"

"A week."

A week! It didn't seem that long at my part, but I did sleep. I had nothing else to do. "What happened with your arm?" Smokescreen nodded to my wrist I currently had up against my chest.

"Oh," I said. I looked down at it. "I think I broke it escaping." Before Smokescreen could respond, Grimlock called out to us.

"You two coming?" He asked while standing in front of the ground bridge. Everyone else had gone through but us three.

"I guess they decided that the Dinobots can join us," I thought happily. It was good to know that both teams got along, at least to the point that the Autobots allowed them into the base.

"Definitely. There is no way I want to stay out here any longer." I walked over, not running because it hurt my wrist. Smokescreen walking not far behind, went in after me. I stepped into the whirling vortex and emerged in the Autobot base, Grimlock right behind Smokescreen.

I looked around. Not much had changed while I was gone.

Boy, it was good to be back.