Chapter 13

When we arrived back at the base, I saw Jack, Miko and Raf leaning over the railing. Jack saw me and his eyes lit up, Miko smiled and pumped her fists while Raf smiled and waved. I waved back at him.

Smokescreen set me down and Miko ran and tackled me in a hug. I stumbled back, surprised, then returned the hug. She pulled away and Jack and Raf ran up.

"Your eyes are so red," Raf noted.

"Probably sand in them," I replied. They were watering like crazy and it took all of my will not to rub and scratch them.

"What happened?" Jack asked. I didn't need any more prompting, so I told them the whole story. After I finished, I noticed that all of the Autobots where looking at me and listening intently. I shrunk under all the eyes watching me.

"Can we see the picture?" Optimus asked gently, clearly seeing my discomfort under everyone's gaze.

"Sure." I walked up to the computers, plugged my phone in and uploaded the photo. I then sent it to one of the big screens. All of Autobots crowded around the screen and looked at it.

"It looks different," Wheeljack noted.

"Smokescreen and I noticed that also, the beads are different colours," I pointed out.

"Do you think there could be two amulets?" Ultra Magnus asked Optimus. All eyes turned to the Prime as he thought. After a few moments, he spoke.

"I do not know. I do not remember a second amulet in Iacon, but we cannot rule out the possibility. We must keep searching in case there is two."

I walked away from the debate after a bit, see that I was no longer needed. There was a more pressing matter that I need to attend to; the sand in my eyes.

I arrived at the sink in my bathroom without rubbing my eyes and started splashed water into my eyes. A knock sounding on the doorframe. I turned around and Ratchet's holoform stood there.

"I came to help you get the sand out of your eyes, but it looks like you've got that covered," he said. "Come to the main room, I want to check you over just to be on the safe side." His holoform disappeared and I was left alone.

After standing there for a moment and waiting for my eyes to itch again—only for them not to, much to my relief—I walked into the main room per Ratchet's order. Only Wheeljack and Smokescreen remained.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"There was an Energon signal on the move so they went to check it out," Ratchet answered from the medical side of the main room.

I sat down on the medical bed as Ratchet scanned me. After a few moments his holoform disappeared and he walked away back to the computers, seeing that I was perfectly fine.

"Hey, Doc, their ready for a ground bridge," Wheeljack said.

A wrench came flying at him. The wrecker ducked and the wrench now came towards me, much to my shock. I ducked, but my bubble popped up and deflected the wrench, shooting it back at Wheeljack. It smacked him in the back of the head. He stumbled forward slightly but regained his balance.

"Ow, you throw hard," Wheeljack complained while rubbing the back of his head. Ratchet grunted and opened up the ground bridge. Optimus, Bumblebee, Arcee, Bulkhead and Ultra Magnus came through carrying Energon cubes.

"That's all?" Ratchet questioned, watching as the Autobots came through, the ground bridge snapping shut behind them. No more was to come.

"The mine was almost empty; this was the last of the Energon in it," Arcee answered for the team.

"Some is better then none," Smokescreen said from behind me.

The returning bots walked toward the backroom, where they kept the energon stored. As they got closer, the amulet started to glow a vibrant blue.

"Uh, guys?" I asked, concerned.

Optimus looked at me and saw the amulet glowing. His eyes narrowed as he studied the amulet. Slowly, he walked closer, Energon still in hand. The amulet glowed brighter as he got closer to me.

"The amulet can detect Energon. Since it uses Energon for its power, it would need a way to find it," he stated.

"That makes sense," I said, nodding my head in agreement. He walked away and the amulet grew faint. I continued to stared at it in awe.

The bots continued passed me, the amulet glowing brighter and dimmer as they past me, and disposed of it in the store room. As soon as it was out of range of the amulet, the blue glow died.

"We should keep track of all the powers this thing has," I joked.

"That an awesome idea!" Miko exclaimed. She hurriedly grabbed a pen and paper and started to scribble frantically.

"I was joking," I grumbled.

"Miko, it may not be smart not to write it down, if the Decepticons get a hold of it," Optimus said. "There is a reason it was kept a secret. It would change the tide of the war if the Decepticons got a hold of that amulet," he continued.

Miko looked down at what she was writing, considered something before she scratched it out, then ripped the page to tiny pieces.

A sigh came from Jack as he put his phone back in his pocket. "I should probably go home, it getting late."

"What time is it?" I wondered. We hadn't been gone too long, had we?

I pulled out my own phone and saw the time. Smokescreen and I had left for the mission at ten am and now it was five pm. Had we really been gone for that long? It didn't seem right. I went with it though.

Arcee, Bulkhead and Bumblebee ended up transforming, driving Jack, Miko and Raf home. After they left, I turned and walked to my own room. An early night seemed like a smart idea.

"I'm going to bed, goodnight."

I heard some 'goodnights' follow me down the hall. Once I got to my room, I hopped into the shower, hoping that I could get most of the sand out of my hair. After a lot of struggling, my short blond hair was finally sand free. I got into my pjs and climbed into bed, willing sleep to claim me and pull me into its black abyss.

Luckily I didn't have to wait that long for sleep to come.