Chapter 20

After I was brought on board the Decepticon warship, I was suspended from chains in the air, like last time. All I could think about was Smokescreen. Him flying through the air and not getting up. The way he hit the ground, lifeless.

"Please don't let him be dead," I muttered, to myself. I couldn't hold it back anymore, I started to cry. Salty tears ran down my cheeks as I cried silently. I cried for Smokescreen, for letting myself get captured again, and for my own safety. I wept silently for a few moments before I pulled myself together and told myself I had to be strong. I was captured, and couldn't allow them to see me scared. I had to be strong, for my sake and show no weakness, they would take advantage of it, I was sure. The Autobots would want me to be strong, and keep on fighting. I took a deep breath and tried to relax.

Meanwhile
The Autobot's ground bridge opened just as the Decepticon's closed. All of team Prime emerged, blasters drawn, with Ratchet in the middle with his two blades at the ready.
"Smokescreen!" Arcee exclaimed as she saw the fallen rookie.

She broke rank and ran over to the fallen Autobot. Ratchet followed her as all the other Autobots relaxed, seeing that there was no apparent threat in sight.

"He's alive," Ratchet said after a few moments. He scanned Smokescreen just as he groaned and sat up.

"Lora! Where's Lora?" He exclaimed while trying to stand up. Ratchet placed a servo on his chest, forcing him back down.

"Stay down, you just got hit with Dark Energon," Ratchet ordered.

"Lora isn't here," Bulkhead realized while looking around.

Smokescreen fell back in defeat. "I failed her, I told her I would protect her, and I didn't."

"What happened here, solider?" Ultra Magnus asked.

"Jack wasn't Jack, it was Makeshift. I killed him before I got hit with the Dark Energon. The Decepticons have her," Smokescreen responded, his normally upbeat voice was sad and defeated sounding.

"I should have seen it," Arcee cursed.

"Do not blame yourself, it was not your fault," Optimus assured Arcee.

"But it was. Jack was acting off, I knew something was different, but I kept quiet and blamed it on his shock from being captured," Arcee continued.

"Can you track Lora's position?" Optimus asked Ratchet.

"I doubt it, but I'll try." Ratchet looked at his arm. "No, I'm afraid not, the Decepticon's clocking system is shielding it," he sadly replied, Optimus sighed a little.

"We must do everything in our power to find Lora, for I fear that Megatron will do everything in his power to get that amulet," the prime pointed out.

Lora's P.O.V.
"Now, I have two questions for you," the Decepticon leader said to me when he came into my cell. "One, where is the amulet of life? And two, where is the Autobot's base?" He asked, his voice even. I said nothing but kept my head down, not daring to look at him.
"Answer me!" he yelled. I looked up at him with my eyes narrowed and jaw set.

"I have two answers for you," I snarled. "I don't know what your talking about, and go scrap yourself. I'm not going to rat out my friends." A cruel smile popped up on his face.

"I'll let you get settled in, you'll be here awhile," the evil warlord said while he walked out of the room.

"You know what you are?" I called out to him as he turned my back to me. "A weakling, puny, a waste of metal, a piece of junkyard scarp, and a tin can, all in one!" I knew that I probably shouldn't have said that, but it felt good to yell at him. And I didn't care, not now.

The warlord stopped and I could see his hands clench in anger. Good, I made him mad.

Lora: one, Megatron: nothing.

•••••••••••••
As I hung there, suspended in the air, a grey Deception entered the room. It had a red spike in between its eyes going straight up. It also had high heel like feet along with two jet wings coming from its back.

"Is it a girl?" I questioned myself, unsure.

"Why, hello there," it said to me. It had a masculine voice. Hundred percent a male. "My lord tells me that you aren't cooperating with us. He has asked me personally to try and pry information from you," he said.

"Good luck," I muttered.

"What was that? Please speak up, I can't hear your pathetic whimpering," The grey Deception
sneered.

"I said, good luck, I'm not giving you nothing!" I yelled, raising my voice with every word.

"Ah, we'll see, we'll see," he muttered.

In his hand I noticed a short staff like thing with two points at the end. Each point had three little holes on it. Then, at the base of the points, it had a purple spike.

"What you going to do with that?" I asked as I gestured to the thing in his hand. "I'm pretty sure Megatron wants me alive," I smirked.

"Oh, this?" He raised the device in his hand. It sparked to life. Purple electricity sparked in between the three holes on either side. "You know nothing of our plans, for you are just a little pesky human." He then lifted the device closer to my face. I could hear the electricity crackling and feel my little hairs on my arms stand up.

I tried to show no fear, but I doubted that it worked. If I wasn't hanging in the air, I would probably be shaking. I didn't know how much electricity a human could withstand, but I was sure that the one the bot had went over that number for sure. I let out a little whimper.

"Oh, is the little fleshling scared? You know, if you just tell us where the Autobot base is, and give us the relic, we would let you go," He said.

"I highly doubt that," I said, my voice quivering slightly. I saw the anger erupted on his face, then the electricity sparked up and he slammed the staff onto my chest. I screamed as I felt the electricity course through my body. The world tilted and blurred. The bot pulled away.

"Where is the Autobot base?"

"I'll never tell," I managed to say weakly before the electricity came at me again.

As it hit me, the pain faded away to nothing along with the world as I fell unconscious. The darkness claimed me. I welcomed it with open arms, grateful to be taken away from my worst nightmare.