Chapter Twenty-Five

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

Jennie was in the midst of looking over a document when there was a knock on her door. She beckoned whoever was on the other side in without looking up, her attention fixed on the small print before her eyes.

"Ms. Jennie~." Her name was called and she raised her head to see one of her colleagues sticking her head inside her office. "There's someone here who wants to see you. It seems urgent."

The brunette frowned as she closed the file in her hands and placed it on her desk, standing up. "What now?" Jennie muttered as she crossed the room, running a hand over her forehead.

Closing the door behind her, Jennie noticed the tall blonde immediately, leaning against the wall in the hallway. Her heart in her throat, she hardly refrained herself from running over to the tall blonde.

"Lisa!" Jennie greeted, eyes wide and breathing slightly agitated as she looked up at the tall woman worriedly. "What happened?" Millions of scenarios formed inside her head, and naturally, most of them focused around Riley.

"Nothing." Smoothing a hand over Jennie's khaki locks, Lisa seemed able to read the brunette's mind as she soothed her. "Riley's fine."

"Then what are you doing here?" Jennie asked. For a long moment, she was confused. Then she narrowed her eyes at the tall woman, waving her index finger to lecture the Thai. "Lisa, if this is about –"

"No..." Lisa laughed, grasping the brunette's hand with her. "It's not about that. I came here because... Can you pick Riley up from school? I know we've established that I would, but—"

"Of course I can." Jennie said, frowning. Why had Lisa come all the way to her office to tell her that? "Is everything alright?"

Lisa seemed to hesitate in giving Jennie an answer. "I have something to do."

Jennie furrowed her brows, but nodded. "Go ahead."

"I'll see you at home." Lisa announced, before kissing Jennie's knuckles and leaving.

The brunette heaved a sigh as she turned around, running a hand through her hair. A scare was the last thing she had needed that morning, and so was food for thought from Lisa.

Hanbin was waiting for Jennie at the entrance of her office when she returned, and she forced a small smile to her face in greeting.

"Have something for me?" Hanbin inquired, and she nodded.

"Of course." Jennie said, opening the door to enter the room. She was making her way to her desk to retrieve her work when the man spoke, little after she heard the door closing behind them.

"You live with your ex now." It wasn't a question. It was a statement, and Jennie knew exactly what Hanbin was talking about.

Swallowing hard, Jennie tried to keep her voice as cool as possible as she answered. "How did you know?"

The Beginning of the End - JenlisaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara