Chapter Thirty-Six

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

Later that night, Jennie climbed in bed, dressed in one of Lisa's long-sleeved shirts. Jennie pressed a kiss to Lisa's plump lips, and then snuggled beside her as she draped the blanket over both of them while cradling herself to Lisa's chest with one arm.

What had begun as a light snowfall had quickly turned into a raging storm, and the large house took longer than usual in warming up.

"I love you~..." Lisa murmured against Jennie's temple, her chest rumbling beneath the brunette's hand.

Jennie smiled. "I love you, more~."

"I never want you to leave again." Lisa had never been happier than she was now, but there were days like these that always made her aware of how much she had actually missed Jennie. She had spent nearly a year with Jennie, hearing her aegyo laugh, seeing her gummy smile, but knowing that Jennie was so far away. And now that Lisa had her in her arms again...

"I didn't get back with you to leave you..." Jennie answered in a calm voice.

Lisa's embrace tightened. "I've changed."

Heaving a sigh, the brunette shook her head and slipped out of Lisa's arms, sitting up. "Lisa~, I don't want you to blame yourself for our separation just because you were the one who was always gone all the time and I was the one to leave." Jennie told Lisa, gazing seriously into her eyes. "It was my duty to keep our marriage together just as much as it was yours."

"I know, but..."Lisa swallowed. Sometimes, the need to explain herself was unbearable. "I was young, I was... inexperienced, I guess you could say. Things were bad enough to make me lose control—and I mean me."

Jennie laughed lightly at that.

"I wanted to solve everything... that's why I was there, right?" Lisa's voice lowered to a pained whisper. "I didn't realize I was destroying the only thing that truly mattered to me in the process."

"Don't say that~." Jennie chided softly, brushing her fingers against Lisa's cheek. "You've always cared about the world—about everyone around you."

Lisa nodded. "I know. I want to do well. But my heart is all yours. My family's."

Bending down, Jennie pressed a kiss to the corner of Lisa's mouth.

Lisa sighed. "I will never shun you out again."

"I know~." Jennie told her, and rested her head on the Thai's wide shoulder in a way that she could still see her. "You've proved me that. But that was not our problem, Lisa~. Not mine, at least. I didn't need to know everything that happened in the world. What I needed was for you to trust me. To know that you could tell me anything when and if you wanted."

Eyes soft, Lisa reached out to tenderly brush a lock of hair away from Jennie's face.

Jennie smiled. "And you do now." She continued. "You see me as what I am and what I always was: your equal, your partner."