Chapter Twenty-Seven

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

"Who comes to McDonald's and orders a salad?" Riley complained. "I mean, really?"

"Your NINI." Jennie answered with effortlessness.

The handsome boy rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well—"

"Because your NINI finds the idea of clogging down her arteries at this age quite repulsing." Jennie added.

"At this age?" Riley asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"I'm still young, you know?" Jennie drawled, taking another bite of her menu of choice. "Even though I have you."

Riley laughed. "I know. You're younger than other mothers out there."

"I may be."

"Which is why, technically." Riley stressed. "You should understand me and agree to send me on that trip!"

"Technically~..." Jennie responded, unfazed.

"NINI!" Riley whined, slouching down in his seat.

Jennie rolled her eyes.

Lisa laughed as she continued to watch them with their usual squabbling.

"Riley Jase, nope!" she said in a firm tone. "Arrasseo? You're too young. I'm not going to be there. What if something happens?"

"You're so overprotective!" The tall Thai laughed, reaching over the table to grasp one of the brunette's hands. "You're shoo squicchyyy cute, I swear!" Lisa uttered in her aegyo gestures.

"I'm not overprotective!" Jennie defended. "I just care about him!"

"Of course you do, Jennie~." Lisa answered, smiling. "But he's a big boy. And just like all the other kids his age, he's going to be just fine."

From her deadly catlike glare, Jennie's eyes softened, and for a moment, she truly considered Lisa's words, but then she saw the tall blonde wink at Riley, and she rolled her eyes, snatching her hand from the tall Thai's grasp.