Chapter Twenty-Nine

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

Jennie held onto my hand as I led her through my restaurant of choice, her catlike eyes roaming to take in our surroundings. I still refused to divulge our location, and with no clue whatsoever, Jennie remained in the dark. What I could deduce – that she had been able to tell was that the place was undoubtedly beautiful. Palm trees swayed in the warm breeze and everywhere we went, we could hear the ocean; the weather was not too hot and not too humid, simply perfect.

Jennie had to admit the restaurant was gorgeous as well, straight out of a magazine, but there was an uneasy feeling in her chest that stopped her from enjoying everything as much as she should. Once we were seated, she decided to address the problem.

"What is the meaning of all this?" Jennie asked, gazing at me from across the table.

I just stupidly grinned. "Well, I figured that since you're so overprotective, you wouldn't feel very comfortable while Riley's gone."

"What makes you think flying me across the world would change that?" Jennie asked, with a tinge of sarcasm in her voice.

I shrugged. "New sceneries, new people, and Me."

Jennie raised her eyebrows. "You?"

I nodded again. "Me~," I confirmed.

Jennie was silent for a long moment, before she heaved a sigh and leaned back in her seat. A thought seemed to occur to her as she crossed her arms over her chest and cocked an eyebrow down at her plate.

"I take it you know how to woo your girlfriends. I bet it works, too."

I smiled. "What girlfriends?"

Her catlike eyes were almost accusing as they rose to meet mine. "Were there any other women?"

"Yes~." I admitted firmly. "And I saw your face reflected at me in each and every single one of them."

"While we were married..." Jennie clarified. "While you were away."

I shook my head. "You see there's this girl in my life... she's incredibly beautiful and smart, She's bossy, short-tempered, short girl tooEheeh~!, very independent and sometimes arrogant. She can smack you out with a simple hit on your dense brain, but even so, I love annoying her, because I think she's cute when angered. She doesn't smile often, but when she does, it only serves the fact she has the most beautiful gummy smile. What I like most about her, though, is her catlike dark brown eyes. She probably isn't aware of it, but they give all thoughts and feelings – but only I can read them. She wants to appear cold and detached as her infamous 'Resting Bitch Face' proves that, but I know her better. In reality, she is softy and very loving, she cares about other people around her more than she cares about herself. . She only ever wanted them to feel the same. That's where I stepped wrong. I hurt her. I made her feel that l didn't care on our relationship and just ignore her on daily basis. I didn't mean that, of course, the only problem was that I didn't realize it in time. But I'm sorry now. And I'm working my ass off trying to make her forgive me."