Chapter Five

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

I, Lisa Manoban had taken a wrong turn. Fuck. Instead of turning right on the exit on the highway, I turned left – leaving me with this entire metropolis to cross in order for me to arrive home.

In retrospect, my entire life could be described as a series of wrong turns, so perhaps I should be used to this by now.

At least traffic was not as terrible at this hour of the day as it usually was. Of all the cities I had to travel along, Seoul seemed to be the worst in that aspect. Or maybe it was me and my desire to get from one end of the city to the other without really looking around and having the chance to see much.

It was ridiculous, how many memories I had in this part of the world – and how the majority of them were centered on a certain catlike eye khaki haired woman.

I missed her.

I missed her so much it was crazy.

Every time I closed my eyes, she was there. It was even more terrible when I was in Hongdae. And the worst part of it all was I could hardly remember when it was that our relationship suffered so much damage, what the last straw was – the word that made her put an end to everything we stood and fought for.

We were fighting more than usual, I knew. She was resentful because I was always gone. I screamed that it was her who'd pushed me to become of The Best Choreographer everyone sought for. She yelled that everything she had done, she had done it for me. I, of course, knew she was right. But that didn't mean I'd admit it so openly.

Lately, things were always like that. She would scream, and I would yell. I would say 'no', and she will push. She would slam a door and I would jump on the first plane that left the country.

When were reunited, our tempers cooled down, the anger dissipated from our system, the tension remained, but we would never, ever talk about it. That was probably our worst mistake – not talking. It could have saved our marriage, our relationship. Or at least, it would have helped me remember why it had fallen apart, in the first place.