Chapter Four

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

"He is a very well-mannered child." The principal remarked as he sat across from the most beautiful cat-like eye brunette he had ever seen and her young handsome son.

Jennie smiled, brushing a rebel lock of hair away from Riley's forehead. The boy had climbed onto her lap the moment they had entered the office, but that hardly bothered her.

"I know." Jennie said. "So, I trust there won't be any problems?"

"Of course not." The man answered with a smile on his own. "Riley is now officially enrolled in our school."

"Good. Then, we shall get going." Jennie said, prompting Riley to allow her to stand up. He slid smoothly on her lap and took her offered hand. "You have my number. Should something happen – ."

"That won't be the case, I assure you." The principal said.

Jennie just nodded. "I trust that it won't."

A goodbye later, and they were strolling through the empty corridors, heading towards the exit of the building.

"You know, it's cool how they try to rub up on you just because they see you dressed like you are and climbing out of a car like that." Riley remarked when he was finally unable to hold back anymore.

The catlike eye beauty bit back a giggle. "You are very perceptive." Jennie told him. "However, I do believe that they were telling the truth. About you being a well-mannered child, that is."

Riley rolled his eyes."Riiiight~... I hate my teacher." He declared.

The warm, early-summer air washed over them as they opened the door and climbed down the steps at the entrance.

Jennie frowned, amused, the fresh breeze that enveloped the city playing with her long hair. "Why?" She asked.

He shrugged. "I don't like her. I have a feeling she doesn't like me much, either."

The catlike eye brunette laughed. "Well –"

"Jennie Kim?"

Riley looked up suspiciously from where he had stopped by her side.

"I am Kim Hanbin." The mysterious man introduced himself on her as she accepted the offer.

"Oh~." Jennie said, realization dawning on her as she accepted the offer.

"I apologize if I seem intrusive, but I like to meet my employees before starting to work with them. And since I was not present at the company today..."

"You ended up here." Jennie concluded, nodding. "How?"

"My secretary let me in on the fact that you have a child." Hanbin admitted. "Which led me here."