Chapter Thirty-Seven

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

Riley had already stormed out of the car with Kuma right behind him by the time Lisa reached the other side of the vehicle to help me out.

I placed my hand in her and slipped outside, gazing over her shoulder at the blinding white scenery. Lisa had brought us to the outskirts of the town, stopping in front of a rustic chalet with a large yard. It was the perfect size with the perfect location, and the surroundings were entirely covered in snow—which, I noticed from the corner of my eye, seemed to greatly amuse and entertain Riley.

"This is beautiful~..." I declared, my eyes sliding back to the tall woman standing at my side.

Lisa grinned. "Wait till you see what's inside~." Lisa said as she opened the door to grab my coat from the backseat.

"Have you been here before?" I inquired, genuinely curious.

"Yes." Lightly shoving the door shut, she held my coat out, waiting for me to slip my arms into the sleeves.

"Are you starting to see the world twice?" I teased.

"Hmm~..." Lisa hummed, smiling as I turned around and she bent down to kiss my nose. "And you're starting to discover it."

I raised an eyebrow, a mischievous glint in my eyes. "Really?" I challenged. "Because from what I know about you, you're probably going to help me explore the bedroom – and that's about it."

Laughing, Lisa tugged me in her arms.

A squeal from behind us prevented our conversation from continuing.

I slightly stood on my tiptoes and peaked over her shoulder in order to see what had happened, before I rolled my eyes and slipped past her.

"Riley, be careful~..." I chided, displeased, watching as my child rolled around in the snow as if it was the first time he saw it. The dog's obvious enthusiasm was probably not helping. "You're going to catch a cold."