EPILOGUE 1

"You're mine."

Lightning strikes across the sky. Thunder roared in the distance. Big, fat droplets of water hit the roof and windows persistently. The wind blew harshly on the ground.

The storm seemed to have no intention whatsoever of letting up anytime soon. But if there was one person in the world who couldn't care less about that, that person was Lisa Manoban. In fact, she was just preparing to take advantage of it in a way that only she could.

Some would call it an irrational, childish fear, others a well-grounded phobia. Some would even go as far as saying it was hilarious and using it as blackmail material. But Lisa was the only one who knew that Jennie Kim – Manoban, popularly known as the 'The Savage Queen' – was afraid of lightning.

And fortunately for Jennie, Lisa would never use such information against her – Lisa loved her too much to even think about harming her in any way.

But that didn't mean Lisa didn't enjoy using her weakness to her advantage every once in a while, though.

Padding down the corridor that led her to her office, Lisa thought of the many sly ways she could have done to move the impending situation. Returning upstairs from the kitchen, where she fetched Jennie a glass of water, it was now almost the end of September, their upcoming anniversary will come forth, and this could be one of those nights where she promised the love of her life about the exciting escapades of their married lives.

Once inside, however, Lisa met with a sight she had not expected. Jennie was busy reading some statistics – mostly near-term from her handouts work. She sat cross-legs, her body tilted slightly aside from her swivel chair, a sheet covering her lap, one hand lying over her tummy, the other onto the papers, and a small cushion supported her side.

With slow, soundless steps, Lisa crossed her office to reach her, kneeling down beside her. She smiled as she pushed the strands of khaki hair that were covering Jennie's puffy cheeks. Jennie didn't even stir. Lisa huffed an amused breath; she should have known that if lightning didn't bother her, nothing would.