Chapter Thirty-Eight

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

That morning, I was awakened by a sweet yet deep voice whispering in my ear and fingers trailing soothingly up and down my arm. I squirmed as goose-bumps erupted all over my skin with the movement, but smiled, regardless.

"Morning, sleepyhead~." I could hear the grin in her voice when she spoke.

Lisa's smile widened. "Morning~..." I murmured, before rolling over onto my back.

"I brought you something~." Lisa declared, handing me a steaming cup of Earl Grey tea. I pushed myself into a sitting position. "Careful, it's hot~."

"Thank you~." I whispered, before wrapping both hands around the warm mug and bringing it to my mouth. It tasted exactly the way I preferred—hot and not overly sweet.

Lisa climbed in bed with her own cup of tea in her hand and pulled me to her chest, smiling as she pressed a kiss to the side of my neck. "Sleep well?"

I smiled. "Yes~." I answered. "What time is it?"

Lisa shrugged. "Around ten~."

Blinking, I turned to look at her. "And why is it that Riley hasn't caused a ruckus yet?"

Lisa laughed and took a sip of her tea. "I think he's tired, he was sound asleep when I went to see him. If you ask me, we won't have to worry about making food for at least two more hours."

I mirrored her grin and turned my head to press my lips to her in a sweet, chaste kiss. "That sounds good~..." I whispered once we pulled away, and when we did, my eyes were instantly drawn to the large window, where I could see fat snowflakes dancing in the air. My eyebrows shot up in surprise. "It's still snowing?" I asked, almost incredulously.

The snow had begun its descent while we were having dinner and had continued well into the night, until we fell asleep.

"Yep~..." Lisa answered. "I don't think it stopped. And you know what it reminds me of? That time when Chaepmunk~ invited us to her sky-lodge. Remember?"