Bad News

Scar

"They're after you, Scar. And they know where you are"  Thorn says.

"How? How do they know?" I clench my jaw.

"School records, your old friends" Slade sighs.

I look down. "What do we need to do?"

They look at each other and I look up. "Let's start off with going after another gang for practice" Ethan says.

I nod and look down.

**

"Hey..." I walk into Rileys room.

"Hold on guys," she puts her phone down and looks at me. "What?"

"I'm sorry, okay? It wasn't cool of me to call your boyfriend names. But seriously? Are we ten? You shouldn't be upset over this, Riles. Unless you really do like him. Or... because you don't and you're forcing yourself to believe you do" I say.

"How would you know? Relationship genius?" she crosses her arms. "I bet you're never even been in a relationship"

"You're being too dramatic. Get over yourself" I roll my eyes.

"Get over myself?! You're the one running for his life!" she raises her voice and I look down, making her slightly gasp. "Oh my gosh... I'm so sorry... I didn't mean it!" she stands up and walks to me.

I shake my head. "No. You're fine" I look up at her.

"I'm sorry..." she puts her hand on my arm. "Look, I forgive you. You just don't know his true self yet. He gets jealous easily. So he freaks out"

I move. "Yea"

She looks at me in confusion. "What's wrong? You seem... off"

"Nothing, just a long day" I lie.

She nods and sadly smiles. "Okay... well I'm always here if you need to let it out"

"Thanks, Riles. Listen, I gotta go, but I was wanted to apologize before I leave for the day" I say.

She pushes her eyebrows together in confusion. "Where are you going?"

"With the team. We have a gang to go after" I throw on my hoodie.

"Be careful" she smiles.

"You too. Call any of us if you need anything. I'm here for you too, short stuff" I ruffle her hair and she groans, making me laugh. "Peace out" I walk out of her room.

"Ready?" Dallas asks, waiting for me. I nod and follow him outside and into the suv.

God damn I'm so nervous for this.

Ive never been so nervous.

This could even possibly be my last day on earth.

Two hours later of anxiety, we pull into a woods area. "They're here..." Slade says.

"Let's go" Thorn gets out of the car and we follow.

"Huddle" Slade says and we all get together. "Okay Scar... you really gotta do your best these next few gang fights" he begins.