Chapter 24

Chapter 23: tension between comrades

[A/n] Greetings readers, sorry for going quiet for a while. Just been busy with life and dealing with writers block lol. So I decided to make this chapter a bit longer, hopefully it's entertaining enough. Enjoy!

[Donnie's POV]

Ever since my return, everyone has been treating me like a fragile piece of glass. They all keep asking if I want anything or need anything, heck, even Raph is doing the nice treatment to me! Sometimes they'll even go easy on me during training, but Splinter always tells them off for going easy on me, since it's not fair if I get easy training and get too big of a head for it.

However, I've noticed there's a lot of tension between (y/n) and Raph. Everyone had thanked her for bringing me back and ever since then they've been gradually getting back to normal. But Raph, he keeps making rude or harsh remarks, a lot more then usual and mainly targeted towards (y/n).

It worries me that something might happen if I don't do anything to help get them to be friends again, and cut the tension between them.

[Your POV]

I watched on as the turtle brothers frolicked around Donnie, it was funny to watch since it was like Donnie was a royal prince with his own private maids.

A angered voice spoke up behind me, causing me to snap out of my thought process "what are you staring at?!" I turned to see it was non other then the jerk himself, Raph.

"for all you know I could be staring at the wall thank you very much." I hissed with venom of anger.

He narrowed his eyes, his grip on his arms tightened as he crossed them "whatever. Don't think for a second that I'll ever forgive you." I frowned disapprovingly "not planning on it hot head."

"what did you just call me?"

"you heard me. Red head."

"I dare you to say that again!!"

".......Red he-" before I could even finish my sentence, a fist sucker punched me directly at my nose.

I stumbled back and put a hand to my nose, pulling my hand away, traces of blood poured from my nose onto my hand.

I growled in annoyance, but I stayed calm, I was walking on egg shells around here - and if I caused a scene I would have my butt kicked straight out of here.

I began to walk away, just as Raph turned the opposite direction and stormed off to read his stupid comics.

Stupid Raph. Always getting in my way.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?!"

Darn it. I said that out loud didn't I? I shook my head, whatever - he deserved it anyway.

Donnie had obviously heard the commotion and sped walked towards me, before rushing to my side when he saw blood trailing from my nose.

His eyes widened "what happened to your nose?!" he put his hand forward to wipe away the blood.

"I'm fine Don, just ran into the wall a bit too hard." I pushed his hand away, not wanting him to worry too much.

"you couldn't have possibly ran into a wall"

"you never know, I could've and I might've"

"I know you didn't since I heard the commotion between you and Raph" he pointed out.

Darn it.

I sighed, brushing a hand through my (h/c) hair. This happened all so suddenly in the time span of thirty seconds "yeah ok, I guess your right."